FEELER - STOCKLI / EMI / FAIRCHILD style Knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10827

Hi All,

It's taken over two months of talking to the lovely people in Monaco (had to learn French first!), I am going to buy my self some Stokli Knobs, now the Red and the Grey are too expensive for me but the black are a more reasonable cost, still expensive but half of what the Red & the Grey are..

they look like this

http://www.tgmixers.co.uk/Website%20Pictures/knobs.html

If there is interest I will buy more at the same time and sell them here..

The black ones would be around £7.20ea (depending on shipping + fees to me, but I estimate around there..)

no biggie if not but if this some thing you guys would be interested in please state quantities..

Best
Pete

nice knobs... I mean... well, you know.

Any idea of quantity discounts?

nice ;D

Are the red one really that expensive? It could be nice with some colour variation on my D-AOC

Cheers
Søren

Hi Mitsos,

Well thats for buying 50 of, I had a quote for 200 as well and drops the price each knob by a whole £1! but i dont think we would make 200...

the red and grey knobs came in at around £15!! so i decided to say with black for me..

Yeah its probably to expensive for most, and me, just thought id check first..

Pete

Hey All

As it happens, I will be in monaco a few days in the beginning of oktober. Been there before and it is not so big, so I could drive up there and collect the stuff and maybe we can pursuade them to get an even better price if I drop by with my well endowed girlfriend? Or if I bring a cake?
Iam not sure if I want those knobs myself, but I have to check with my designer Pete from Grandmaster Audio if i need them for any of my future projects... Anyway, let me know if it makes sense!

Erik

Hey Erik!

Did i drop the ball on a panel for you?? Gee I seem to remember some thing about a Neve panel? sorry dude, you need to keep on at me!  ;)

Well get in touch if you need to..

Thanks for the offer of dropping into these guys, but i think they have to make them? I'm not sure why it took soooo long to get a quote, but I can only assume they have to have them made or at least get them from else where...So i doubt they have them in stock to pick up..but thanks anyway!  ;D

Pete

No balls dropped here no worries... Iam just finding more and more projects to do and I have to figure out where to start!

I wish I could take bunches...  these are the small time constant knobs on the 660/670 right? If so I might take one. are you getting 1/4" shaft?

Hi Mitos,

yes I should of said, I've requested 1/4 inch shaft, and they are used on the 670 aren't they...good point..

Best
Pete

Yeah, you might get a few more views if you stick fairchild in the topic!! :)

ha! well I added it, if it helps then great,

Lets see what the interest is over the next few days, if its reasonable ill just buy 100, that should be plenty for while for those who need them..

Pete

Pete you frrriiikin rock!  I've been mailing them on and off for about 6 months, without reply!

I need 8 of the stockli pointers  :)

unless....

you can get two of the full flute uns

http://www.iec-monaco.com/classic.htm

in which case I'll take two of those and 6 of the others  ;D

Hi Jim,

Well I do have an IN there now, so potentialy could get them, all though they cost the earth, buying at quantity makes it a little better but still costs the moon...if you get what im on about...

but do i want to set up a knob shop!  :eek: cant really afford too I know that, but if there was interest then maybe, but i dont think there is..?? what do those flute knobs fit?

maybe i should get all the knobs there for the 660/670, EMI and others and do a knob shop?? but you are looking at a few thousand of pounds in knobs...

Hi Zayance,

the coloured knobs are exactly double in price, no kidding, just for red and grey, ive thought about getting the black and painting them but one that would look rubbish and two would come off! so thats no good..

If there was a big ineterest, which in not sure there is, maybe i could take the hit, im sure in the long term id make my money back, but then again who wants to pay around the £14 for a single red knob!!

Best
Pete

Man, this is expensive!
At this price point, wouldn't it be feasible to manufacture a quantity of these, in every color too?
Even them TG people are looking to buy some...

but then again who wants to pay around the £14 for a single red knob!!

Can't believe these prices, sounds like the same story as the Marconi's, but you really think that these are done in Monaco  ??? I feel like it's more China, and huge profit because of Monaco, but they do look nice even the other ones they have, hmmm....

Hi Chaps,

I have thought about the DIY mold path, but as with every thing, its time to invest in how to do it, and its always more complicated than you first thought, but I have no doubt for the money id pay to get these knobs i could darn well work out how to do it.

must be sites on the tinternet that give info on mold making...

mmm...need to think it through before I buy any me thinks..

Back