The plugin corner

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Pucho was on his way to check this out, he will have an answer for you, he've posted in brewery.
Those hardware analog tape saturators don't sound like an analog tape either, and I haven't heard a tapesimulation plugin that does what I want.

True, ATS-1 seems like a good option, supper dupper expensive but from users it does make it sound like a tape really... of course a Plug-ins is so much more easy...

EDIT: i meant ATS-1

I Just bought the Magnetix from "Nomad" software - special deal from one of their promotions
just $49  !!
Sounds really great to me, I've never had anything as close as this before, it may not be up to UAD's level
but it's pretty decent .... in particular when it's just $49 and Native RTAS/AU/VST

MM.

strangeandbouncy said:
   . . . try it, its really good! . . .

cannot run it at 96kHz, only 48kHz

Are ou refering to wave arts tube saturator?
if you are then yeah its CPU hungry, to do a 24/96 you really just have to render the file, its not usable in realtime at that resolution. Then again, thats the price to pay for something that sounds so good.

I just activated the demo version of the UAD-2 Studer 800 plugin.

All i got to say is HOLY $#!*!

I popped 8 of these on my drum tracks.... WOW.  It sounds DAMN close and the harmonic distortion and compression is spot on.

I like that you can gang the plug to adjust all of them at the same time.

One thing i do NOT like about it is by default the "tape hiss" emulation is a little loud and compounds when you add more instances of the plug in. (I guess thats kinda faithful, but again the default is a little extreme)

I will def be picking this plug in up after the holidays.

Soundtoys and McDSP have been my favorites.  Phase Mistress and tremulator have
worlds of hidden jems to sculpt sounds and they are very analog sounding.

I think Melodyne is one of the most innovative plugins to come around as
far as pitch correction for voice.

MartyMart said:
Tut, Tut Mark .... you're being a bit negative :)

You're right Marty.

Okay some of my favorite plugins

Racks%20001.JPG

Racks%20003.JPG

I also really like the Soundtoys plugins, very usable stuff. :)

Mark

Hey Mark,  What do you think of your spectrasonics 610?  We have a pair but they always seem to be the last thing I go to.  What have you found them good on?

The 610's are definitely a limiter with attitude and strong color. Nice for dirtying up a bass gtr or for a drum kit mic that you want to impart some attitude too. They can do clean but almost always beg to run the output section in the red.

Mark

MartyMart said:
I Just bought the Magnetix from "Nomad" software - special deal from one of their promotions
just $49  !!
Sounds really great to me, I've never had anything as close as this before, it may not be up to UAD's level
but it's pretty decent .... in particular when it's just $49 and Native RTAS/AU/VST

MM.

I just bought it as well. It's a very nice plugin, it does some cool "exciter-like" tonal coloring, but still... On distorted guitars it doesn't sound like tape to me (but maybe I have to twiddle a bit more with the knobs, and different tracks).

Nevertheless, it's a pretty usuable plugin, and 49 bucks is peanuts.

I hope that the UAD A800 plugin designers did focus on the density of the sound, not just the bass artifacts and distortion. Because if they didn't.... well, then it's still nothing really new.

Back