could I get away with lower wattage pots for gain and peak reduction in an la2a?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I can locally get 1/2 - 1 watt pots and wondering if that is an o.k. sub? got some dirty pec pots in the reissues that are sealed so not sure how they got dirty in the first place. anyway pec pots from all I have seen are crap....

thanks guys. the schematic has them listed as 1/2 watt variable resistors so i was just double checking... so I am wondering why they went with those crappy pec pots. Every ua reissue around our place had pec pots go bad/noisy. they are sealed wtf ya know? I drilled a hole into a few of them like the 600 ohm input pots on our 1176 reissues and sprayed  cleaner in there but might as well place the common values...

Neil said:
I've also got noisy PEC pots in mine!  So what's a good high-quality brand, any recommendations?

any pot you can get detox in there works for me... seriously or drill a tiny hole into the pec to get detox in there. Military grade pots my ass

Latest posts

Back