News:

Happy New Year!

Re: PYE Compressor/Limiter Thread *boards shipping* BOM up!
« Reply #700 on: December 26, 2016, 01:24:48 PM »
I just bought the case and pcb from dan...nothing else yet. So the hairball meters do not fit, and the meter adjust hole has to be drilled?

Both a friend of mine & myself bought cases from Dan. The Hairball meters seem to fit perfectly on his case but on my case the holes are a bit wide. So however i put in the meters there is some extra space. We also find that the adjustment on the front of the meters gets in the way & they don't sit flush. I ended up drilling holes to make space for the adjustment screw to get them to sit flat. We also noticed that the colour on the faceplate is different between the two of our cases, & that the screws on my faceplate don't line up perfectly. So when I put mine together the faceplate bows a little. lso my friend noticed some bubbles under the paint of the bottom of his case. He figures there must have been rust painted over. Pretty disappointing considering how much we paid for the cases. Yours might be ok though. Just seems like it's a bit of a gamble ordering from that place.

« Reply #701 on: December 26, 2016, 01:28:21 PM »

So after a few years of sitting on the parts & stuffing the board a little at a time. My friend (also in this thread) & I are coming close to completion. We're very exited to finish. We are just unclear on a few things & hoping some of the more experienced builders on here will be able to shed some light for us.

1 - Where do we solder in the side chain transformer?

2 - Is it possible to have a seperate sidechain in with this transformer?

3 - What are you guys using for the dual/Stereo link switch?

Rob Flinn

« Reply #702 on: December 26, 2016, 05:02:36 PM »
1. you solder it where the header called t4 is
2. I don't understand your question
3. A standard miniture toggle switch dpdt
regards Rob

Capital letters.  The difference between helping your uncle Jack off his horse, & helping your uncle jack off his horse ........

« Reply #703 on: December 26, 2016, 06:37:31 PM »
1. you solder it where the header called t4 is
2. I don't understand your question
3. A standard miniture toggle switch dpdt

Thanks for the quick response I kind of figured 1 & 3 out looking through everything on here. I don't know how I missed that.

2- I'm asking if there's a way to implement an external side chain input on here easily. Has anyone on here done that? Is it even possible? Would it be as simple as having a switch connecting another input to the sidechain transformer & switching between the existing path & the external in? Or am I totally out to lunch?

« Reply #704 on: December 27, 2016, 07:18:04 PM »
Received the boards and case from Dan today. I did a quick test fit and the front faceplate bows. This may be something I can remedy, but for now I'll start compiling the various carts for all the components. Should I make my own build thread or clutter this one up even more?

Rob Flinn

« Reply #705 on: December 27, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »

Thanks for the quick response I kind of figured 1 & 3 out looking through everything on here. I don't know how I missed that.

2- I'm asking if there's a way to implement an external side chain input on here easily. Has anyone on here done that? Is it even possible? Would it be as simple as having a switch connecting another input to the sidechain transformer & switching between the existing path & the external in? Or am I totally out to lunch?

Personally it's not something I would implement, so I don't really have an interest in spending any time on it.   
Why don't you try it and report back.
regards Rob

Capital letters.  The difference between helping your uncle Jack off his horse, & helping your uncle jack off his horse ........

shot

« Reply #706 on: December 27, 2016, 07:53:42 PM »
Received the boards and case from Dan today. I did a quick test fit and the front faceplate bows. This may be something I can remedy, but for now I'll start compiling the various carts for all the components. Should I make my own build thread or clutter this one up even more?

Go throught this thread and read it. Entirely!
Stuff that is now boring to read will at some point if you go troubleshooting ring in the back of your mind and you'll know to return and re-read again parts that are relevant. At that point you'll be much more familiar with the schematic and parts and it won't be boring to read. :)

Stick to the BOM posted by SR1200
Use the PYE3 14SCHB.pdf schematic as a reference
Triple check everything
And you'll probably be without problems!

:)

Luka

« Reply #707 on: December 28, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »
I have the pcb's but need to order the parts when i have time.
www.kontrast.in - I make websites and stores online.

« Reply #708 on: January 03, 2017, 08:03:39 PM »
Oops...Somehow I doubled my initial Mouser cart. I already populated both of my boards and I have 70 labelled parts bags with enough components for another stereo build....

I won't have any other use for these (I don't plan on building another), and since they are bagged and labelled, I'd rather sell them to someone on here. These are not all the parts, but if anyone is interested, I can send them the 10 page mouser receipt.