SB4000 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same boat here.
Should be able to order the whole caboodle before the end of the month.

Thanks
Sean

Well, I would be interested in some parts , multiple THAT2181 and Vu of course :) A lot of other parts are stocked on my bench .

Moby said:
Ruckus, can you please provide the schematics ? I hope that part names are same like in the BOM :)

Getting there, will be up this weekend.  Been getting hammered at work.

Confused though - what do you mean by "part names same like in BOM" ?

If you mean the designations, R1, R2, R3 etc...of course they are the same. If you mean that the actual part numbers (not just value) are on the schematic, i doubt Mike did that.

On a side note, keep them pre-orders coming for parts, I'd really hate to have to abandon this.

Ptownkid said:
but yet...pre orders are trickling in very slowly, are people not interested, or waiting on something? I won't be able to do this for only a handful of people, far too much money.

Cheers

PTown -- Can you give us an idea as to how many parts kit pre-orders you have as yet, and how many more you need to have to make it doable for you?  Maybe this would help some of us get moving.

funkmuffin said:
PTown -- Can you give us an idea as to how many parts kit pre-orders you have as yet, and how many more you need to have to make it doable for you?  Maybe this would help some of us get moving.

Yes, this would be helpful, as well as setting a cutoff date if you can get enough orders. FWIW I'm close to having the funds for my order, should be placing it in the next week or so.

Unfortunately at the moment, we need about 30 more...I'm not worried about not being able to eventually sell them if I have stock, but it's a lot of money up front for me to stock them.

I'm going to do everything i can to avoid not being able to do it, I realize that the kits are costly. As for a cutoff date, I will do that soon enough. I have received quite a few messages from people saying they are just amassing the funds and are very interested.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, unless you happen to have the majority of the parts already, this kit will absolutely save you money.

Maybe...but it's pretty unlikely that I will be able to make a partial kit that will satisfy many people as anyone wanting a partial will want different things in the partial. I can probably do a "all frontpanel items" kit and THAT chips though, I'll look into it.

Hey Ruckus -- Since we're getting closer to boards and parts kits, I'm looking around to get some knobs.  What size are the skirts on the knobs on the prototype in the White Market thread?  They look to be a nice fit for where you've got the markings on the panel.

Thanks!

funkmuffin said:
Hey Ruckus -- Since we're getting closer to boards and parts kits, I'm looking around to get some knobs.  What size are the skirts on the knobs on the prototype in the White Market thread?  They look to be a nice fit for where you've got the markings on the panel.

Thanks!

They're .750".  If you're using my frontpanel .875" diameter will juuuust miss the dots, so that's as absolutely as big as you can go before you start covering them.  .750" is a nicer looking fit though.

Thanks Ruckus!  Here's another one, since I'm apparently just full of them tonight.

About the In/Ext In switch next to the Threshold -- If we don't plan to use the external in for ducking etc., can we leave this switch out altogether?  Can we just "hardwire" it to IN, without the switch?  Did I get the purpose of the switch correct?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back