dbx 900 series rack ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewlewl

Does anyone know if i can use the this power frame and install the 312 api mic pre from classis audio products . will the pin outs work etc. thanks

ewlewl said:
Does anyone know if i can use the this power frame and install the 312 api mic pre from classis audio products . will the pin outs work etc. thanks

Ah, no.

500 Series Pinout Data      

Pin   Description

1. CHASSIS
2. Plus 4 Output “+”
3. option
4. Plus 4 Output “-”
5. Audio Ground
6. 525 Stereo Link
7. option
8. Plus 4 “-” Input
9. option
10. Plus 4 “+” Input
11. Gain Adj 550b, 560b
12. +16 volts DC
13. Power Ground
14. -16 volts DC
15. Phantom +48 VDC

The “basic” API 500 Series pinout. “Option” implies some vintage and module-specific variations.

Mark

Attachments

• dbx900-Pinout.jpg
    dbx900-Pinout.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 30
Hey  guys Thanks for the replys ..got any specifics on how cobble in a workaround? the unit i have has 4 903 comps plus 4 904 gates and a 903 de-esser  rarely ever use the gates or de-esser .just thinking about ordering a couple of the 312 mic pres . trying to figure out a way to use without ordering a 500 frame

Find out the pinout for your aphex box's edge connector, buy a 30 Pin Card Edge Connector and a 51x Card Edge Proto PCB Adapter from Classic Audio Products of Illinois.  Then all you need to do is "connect the dots" between the api pinout that Mark gave you and the aphex pinout so that your ins, outs, power, and grounds all get to where they need to be.  Does your Aphex box have 48V?  If not, that might be something you'll want to consider adding. 

ben

Back