Hotel in New York - Ok/Nice/Cheap

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZpliff

Hi there !

I'd like to know if some of you New Yorkers (or anyone else) knows some nice hotel that is not too expensive on Manhattan.
The plan is to spend a weeken there and watch some Icehocket Rangers - Capitals the 12th of december.

Thank's
Magnus

Check hotels.com or priceline.com.  The cheap way is to stay in Flushing Queens and take the #7 (45 min) in to the city.
Really, if you are just there for two nights, get a nice room near The Garden and enjoy! 
Mike

I just booked a room at Holiday In Express in Brooklyn.  It was 279 a night so I was going to pass.  I called again the day of and checked the price again and it was down to 169.  There are dumps that are really expensive and there are great deals in luxury hotels.  Just do your research and don't use a travel agent.  Hotwire.com works well too.

Thank's !

I'll search the web some more. Just want to check if someone knows some place
that's not out there on the web or hard to find.

We'll be staying for at least 4 nights, maybe 5..

About ten yrs ago I stayed at Madison Hotel, Madison Ave which was ok and cheap, but I can't find it.

St. Mark's is cheap... its really not too bad either.  Basic, no amenities and you are in the village.

But if you are not after something that is just a notch above acceptable you may want to look elsewhere!  I did stay there a few months ago with a buddy for the weekend and it was fine.

http://www.stmarkshotel.net/1671525.html

There's an embassy suites in Seacaucus that's right on the NJTransit Bus route and only 20 min to the port authority bus terminal. It was around 150 last time I stayed there 2 years ago.

If you don't mind shared bathrooms and super small rooms, I love the Hotel 17.

http://www.hotel17ny.com/

$100 a night and a great location by the village.  Awesome if you just need a nice, clean place to sleep.

Mike

Latest posts

Back