Usb turntable recommendation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The numark one is pretty good, tt usb something or other, the cheap model. Great for the price. Sounds good, not "hifi" but great for transferring vinyl very easily. They do a direct drive one for more money but it's the same digital guts.

Man! Numark is awful. I had one (without usb), then I put a hi-end cart on it, sounded a little better, then I got an old Mitsubishi turntable, what a difference! Honestly, vinyl has such high fidelity, treat yourself to a better turntable than numark. Surely you will need a pre/soundcard to record, but the sound!
It's like if you were plugging your U47 into mic input on the laptop...
Dual is a good TT, just get a good phono pre and plug it in your soundcard.
I think there was a thread with phono pre suggestions somewhere...

usb turntables are convenient - end of story.  Shitty carts, shitty playback, shitty convertors.  but convenient.  Better off with yer quad and a new cart, phono preamp in an old receiver and a soundblaster line in...

hey, less of that converters talk! ;)

given that the expected DRange of vinyl is 70dB on a good day, a 96dB converter should be good enough!

What's not given enough time, is the front end circuitry in front of the converter (including the RIAA circuit)
/R

P.S - my limited experience of Vinyl doesn't speak of better drange. It's more about the different mix that was used in those times (less flat line compression). I've heard some good CD recording that'd challenge vinyl.

Yeah in the grand scheme of things Numark aren't the best. But all the USB turntables are a compromise unless you buy one of the silly money ones. I know someone who transferred a large collection of northern soul with one and it sounds good. Yes I'm sure it could sound better with a really good turntable and going via some really good convertors but it's old vinyl, how much fidelity do you really need? There is nothing so wrong with the numark that lessens your enjoyment of the music. If it's for personal use etc. I personally can't justify the extra expense and hassle of going the high end route. YMMV

Latest posts

Back