NYD eq (was: gain block for a passive EQ)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="tardishead"]that formula is for calculating peak filters no?[/quote]
if you bypass caps you'll obtain shelf.
if you need low/hig pass you have to change the design
http://home.online.no/~jaeioluf/sound/eqpassiv.htm
mik.

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]I know it's become a bit confusing, with all the different sketches of the idea, but here's the "official" version... Or, at least it's the way I'm planning to build mine.

PDF[/quote]
Interesting mix of features ! :thumb:
It took me a moment to understand why SW5 is a double decker but now I see. Sorry, maybe it's somewhere in this whole thread, but what's the thought behind your hi-dip & shelving-variation based on att/boost setting ?

Bye,

Peter

Cool, thanks!

I've made progress with mine: I'll need to rebuild a part of it (to make things more rugged) but progress anyway.

I'll probably use mine with no input transformer. A trickier load, preceding Z affects Q/max boost but those are not important factors here. I just liked it better that way, and in mastering use I'm not going at full boost all the time. Wider Q is also better.

Oh, I'll first try and use a BA283 output with Brazilian output iron. :twisted:

Are there any updates to this? All pictures and schematics seems to be gone by now. Are there anyone who could point me to where they could be found or perhaps would like to share theirs? It would be interesting to have a look.

It's a shame, one of the few people here that both knew their stuff and had creative output :sad: I would have loved to give the NYD PEQ a chance, but I guess I'll be building another pultec then...

Back