1176 rev j meter problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmuller0420

Hi there...
Rev J
electronic input
Lundahl output 1:2
changed input section gain resistor down to 3.6k from 10k

unit seems to be working well...compressing and all functions seem okay...the meter can be adjusted in GR mode, but when GR bypass I get no level on the vu meter, but the unit is passing audio. I have looked through the 1176 thread without finding anythig on this (however there are so many pages its asy to miss something)

Any help would be appreciated

in bypass that is normal. I had to cut and add traces to the meter switch to allow me to monitor vu when bypassed, not really needed in a real studio setting, as SOMETHING after the compressor will likely have a meter on it.

Hey...

the meter is from hairball audio (think its the only one on there for the 1176 project) already ran into a DC meter.  So in bypass mode I will not see any level then? so when calibrating for the Q bias, how can this be accomplished then on the VU meter?  since it states to put in bypass mode (guess I can always use a meter and measure the voltage from +1dBu to 0dBu to calibrate that then

Latest posts

Back