Banzai Music, someone knows them ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ward

I have ordered some electronic parts from banzaimusic the first of july,
They shipped fast, but unfortunatly the package never reached me.

Now allmost 3 months later Belgian post has finaly agreed that the package is lost by their fault.
And I received information from Deutsche Post :
we have received your request concerning the abovementioned registered item.
According to the Belgium Post the item was lost into Belgium.
In the meantime we have paid compensation to the sender.
We regret that we cannot give you other information.

In the beginning communication with banzaimusic was fast and correct.
Unfortunately they have started ignoring my mails since about a month.

Now my question :  Is there someone here, maybe someone from Berlin who knows these people personally ?
That could ask them what is going on, maybe there's a reasonable explanation for not answering I don't know.

Many thanks,
Ward

I go there about once a month - they are super correct, nice people.
Only explanation I have is that your mails are getting lost in some spam folder.
Try giving them a ring:
Phone: 0049-(0)30-89060740

briomusic said:
they are super correct, nice people.
Only explanation I have is that your mails are getting lost in some spam folder.

My impression too, at least in the beginning of this problem.
On their site I can see the ticket that has been made of my last email,  so it's hard to believe they're not reading it.

Well first thing that i have in mind is, be carefull when doing orders in summer time, the post offices hire a lot of teenagers for summer work, and they know what is worth some money, believe me, don't need to be a nerd to get that Banzai Musc is something that could be interesting, that and whatever else, that's why most major companys change the senders name to something tottaly different or use big shipping companys.
I ordered from Banzai a couple of times, no problems here, but it may sound weird but i avoid doing orders in summer time for any company that will advertise their package too much. Or i ask them if it's possible to take all those advertisement tapes if it uses normal shipping etc, call me weirdo  :p
I had my watch coming back from factory repair stolen like that, i got some replacement back but just to say that is was in summer time...
Other friends of me got some musical parts also stolen like this etc...

Ordered many times from banzai and always happy.
One thing I noticed is problems with backordered items.
Had to beg them several times after months waiting...

Communication wasn't always fluent, depends on who's investigating your case.

good luck!

Ordered many times from them, never had any problem I've always seen them as smart and very professional people

hop you'll find a solution !

Arno said:
Ordered many times from banzai and always happy.
One thing I noticed is problems with backordered items.
Had to beg them several times after months waiting...

Same here. communications seem to cease during the (sometimes long) wait time for backordered items. They have never truly let me down.

Order from them and simply discard the backordered items and get refunded on those is a painless option and I've done it a few times. It's unfortunate they have lots of parts that are impossible to get elsewhere and then you have no choice but to wait.

i'm buying almost everything from them.
good people.
i had a problem with a pack, didn't received after 2 months. summer. communication slow.
turned out it was just postal office employers fault only. the director was an idiot, it was moved to a very small town.
the pack came back, i asked credit instead of new shipping. they agreed. good people.

Kind of magic ...
I post this thread here today,
... and I get a mail from banzai.
I hope it goes ok from now on.

Kind of magic ...
I post this thread here today,
... and I get a mail from banzai.
I hope it goes ok from now on.

ha! so it seems like other companys and suppliers fiddle around hmmm, or maybe this is just coincidence, but happened twice in a few days, i guess Gustav was right on the Presonus remote thread...

3 years ago I could order from them and have my full order delivered in 2 days.
I think they started growing and adding lots of stuff to the catalog that they don't really stock and today there is always something backordered on the list.
I had to wait 9 months for some neutrik XLRs can you believe it?

That's my only complaint because every time communication was OK and I like their selection of parts.

I ordered about 45 items (all small components) two weeks ago and heard nothing. I emailed and got a response straight away. This morning the package arrived.  I am sorry you have had a bad experience because I feel they have always been good to me, including this time.

For what its worth as well, I find them the best organisation I have dealt with for finding the parts I want very quickly on a website. Does anyone else find that looking for something at Farnell or RS Components can take hours, with sometimes thousands of entries being returned. Banzai, I guess because they are smaller and dedicated to music electronics only, has an easy site with large pictures of the component and often the item you are looking for is found straight away.

Once again, I am sorry you are having a bad experience with them because I would happily recommend them to others.  I hope your package turns up quickly.

Hotrails said:
I find them the best organisation I have dealt with for finding the parts I want very quickly on a website. Does anyone else find that looking for something at Farnell or RS Components can take hours, with sometimes thousands of entries being returned.

Yes I agree with this totally. RS and Farnell are such a nuisance to try and source components. Often the returned results are not what you are searching for. Banzai is very easy to get straight what you are looking for.

Shame peoples experiences here are mixed. I really have had a good run with them.

So far, Banzai has been ok for me. However, they should not display out of stock parts. I get the idea they do.

Searching rs can be time consuming if you don't know the site . Their search filter don't always work as should.

Anyone has recent experience with them?
I ordered a lot of things over the years because they simply have a lot of great things in stock.
Now I did an order and some jack sockets where in backorder and in the beginning  they responded to my email and then it stopped ..
I even called them last tuesday because of the no email response and I had someone on the phone who promissed to get back to me within an hour. No response and also now that I mailed them again about it. No response  :-\

I ordered 2 weeks ago from them, no problem.
I have the feeling, that they are getting a bit behind with things, as their shop is humming like crazy.
My advice: call them again

Ask for Olaf Nobis, the owner, he will sort things out. Very nice guy !

I'm from Berlin and I've bought a lot from them over the years. Everything went smooth. One time (about when they were moving to a different place) I had placed several orders which they were supposed to charge from my accounts. After some weeks I realized that they hadn't done that so I called and urged them to finally collect their money. It still took several months for them to sort it out finally. So yes, sometimes they are very slow with bureaucracy stuff, even if it is against their own interest. So what I want to say is that I believe that there is no intended fraud or anything like that going on. I would suggest to call them, they have always been very helpful on the phone. I believe they should speak English, in fact some of the guys seem to only speak English if I remember right. Also they are so big now (you should see their place), I believe they might not want to risk their reputation on the net.

I hope you get this sorted soon  :)

And yes, RS and Farnell can be very time consuming. I wouldn't compare them to banzai, they are aiming at a different market.

Michael

unfortunately they have backordered products way too often, and they let you know AFTER they have shipped the order, this can be quite annoying at times, because for some products it would be easy finding a substitute, but if you want to cancel the backordered parts and exchange for something else, you have to pay shipping again !
I now contact them in advance providing a list of the items i intend to buy and have them confirming availability before i place the order.

beatnik said:
unfortunately they have backordered products way too often, and they let you know AFTER they have shipped the order, this can be quite annoying at times,
I now contact them in advance providing a list of the items i intend to buy and have them confirming availability before i place the order.

Hmm, that's a pity that this is necessary. They do have an availability indication for each part, but this might then not be up to date ?! There's only one way to do this I'd say, and that's to directly couple it to available stock, automated.
I'm about to order parts and was considering Banzai...

Back