LA2a Gain control normal operating position

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the pad that's detailed in the manual. Worked a treat.

I have the PEC pots in my build, they are of course new but I haven't had any issues so far. They feel very nice compared to your typical $2 alpha, etc.

Mark

I got the pad network from David J's LA2 book. I'm assuming it's from the earlier non-A version of the manual since it refers to the octal socket at the back of the limiter.

Attachments

• LA2-InputPad.jpg
    LA2-InputPad.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 68
i've built a few drip units as well and the sound amazing.  But I have noticed on both that if I go above 8:30 or so it will start to get hair pretty quick. Would love to hear more response from what you guys find.  Also would love to figure out a true bypass for them so I can switch it in and out!

Weird I was just talking about this problem with my friend who is far more knowledagable than me this morning.

On both my Drip LA2A's the gain reduction pot seems to be around 10-2 o clock most of the time which is where I want it but the output is always down around 9 o clock. I guess I could just put a 10dB inline pad on the output but solving the problem at source would be preferable.

Jeez matching +4dBu I have gain pot at 10 (8 o'clock) with no GR.

That's really low.

But trying to put a pad before that makes the GR barely happening - eg. I have to turn it all the way to 80-90 (3 o'clock).

Would the PAD described here and in the manual act different?

Back