Beag modules, preamp,Eq,comp,ppm,gonio etc.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delamancha

Hi !

So, I find more modules in the house, and I would like to share some pics of eastern broadcast technology from the eighties :)

Comps, gates ,preamps ,eqs ,generator, quad panner (???), input selector (?)

modules1.jpg

Some PPMs and an oldschool Goniometer

metering.jpg

An interesting digital delay w/ modulation

delay1.jpg

The best thing is, that I found the complete manual for them too, with schematics, panel drawings and BOMs.

konyv1.jpg

Sooo, to be DIY, I started to think about buildig some of them into a wooden lunchbox like enclosure with some PSU... :)

To do it in vertical...

moduleslunchvert.jpg

... or horizontal arrangement, I dont know yet :)?

moduleslunchhoriz.jpg

Anybody have experience with these modules ?
Cheers !

I have 4 of mic/line inputs from BEAG, but, few years older dates from those you've posted pics. it looks pretty decent design, big mic in transformers, qualitiy pots and switches.
never found any paper of them (schematic)............

Hi !

Yes, they are looking out decently. A fairly simple circuit with opamp ICs in the instrumentation config w/ some hi/lo pass + buffering at the output. The problem with mine is that the old hungarian manufactured uA739 it uses after the trafo is oscillating like hell in the ultrasonic region ( I suppose, I dont have a scope at home yet. ). As they have a rather unconventional pinout and the RC compensation network, it is not too easy to exchange them to something more modern, - or at least to a 5532. :(?

Pics:

emk116naked.jpg

Sideview:

emk116side.jpg

emk116side2.jpg

And here is the schematic, - I dont know if your older modules are the same circuit, but give it a try. ( I suppose the in/out+pwr connections are the same, as they were used in a modular console system.)

emk116Mschematic.jpg

If you need the bill of materials and the panel drawing too, I will put them up later.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back