Anyone having trouble accessing the forum lately?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Hi,

I've had some trouble with pages hanging lately, unable to access the forum for a few minutes at a time. Anyone else?

Not complaining, mind you - just letting it be known. Maybe my ISP is to blame...what do I know?

Justin

Eh, it's been slow here and there, who hasn't?
Good that it's still here, right?
When was it last time that you clicked
btn_donateCC_LG.gif
?

yes im noticing it too...

i bet the host has server issues...and is aware of it, so im sure it will get sorted..

As the database becomes larger and the queries to it become more numerous and frequent and data is constantly added and in some cases deleted, tables get fragmented (think hard drive) and access to specific data locations becomes slower.  Every now and again some housekeeping needs to take place to free up this "overhead".  I'm playing with ways to automate the "defragmenting" the overhead build up without impacting the user experience.

I'm on it.  Thanks for your patience.

Thank you Ethan, We all know you work hard on this stuff.

it's scary how many times a day I visit this place. If all users were like me, I think even google-hosting would struggle.

/R

All cool - a bit slow here today but after reading this I know why.

The prosound web forums seem to go off line every day from about 9am till 11 (UK time) - presumably for that reason.

The biggest impact is that the db currently has over 4 million rows of data...and growing.

I may have to move this forum db to a separate faster server altogether, which should increase speed significantly.

Speaking of which, I'm going to do this.  I'll make an announcement but I'll say it here first.  There may be periods of downtime this month.  Don't panic. ;D

Latest posts

Back