d8b needs service

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony dB

Hi,

Just had contact with f*^king Mackie service and they don't want to help me out with a few of the preamp and line inputs that need service.
I need to send it in for repair, wow great!

I also want to replace the mobo in the CPU, but get even less coöperation from these a$$holes! I am really deeply disappointed in these people, i have the very first d8b ever in Europe and would expect some sympathy from them, but nope! I helped debugging their s**t da**it, i had 4 d8b in here before there was one that stayed working.

Don't get me wrong, thanks to the d8b i did a lot of stuff i couldn't have done without, but this is REALLY low level support and feels like a very cheap way to pay for their technicians...

Is there anyone who has schematics and info? my biggest concern is the inputs that seem to have lost quality (there are audible differences when comparing ch 13 and 14)

I wil post this on the mackie forum as well

a VERY DISAPPOINTED tony dB,
note this Mackie!!!

pm me if you should need this...
it seems protected as if it was the paylist of the cia or something :evil:

Maybe try to contact Mike Rivers, he used to work/write manuals for Mackie and could perhaps pull some strings. I dunno. You can find him on rec.audio.pro. Do post your question there too..

I gotta say Tony, that Mackie blows :green:

Recently I had to get a new set of screws that hold the meter bridge on a Mackie (not mine-thank God) and they charge $75 for two screws and two small little pieces of metal that the meter bridge hooks onto. Mackie service is the WORST.

On the other hand, I totally destroyed the capsule on a Rode mic some while back, and Rode put a BRAND NEW capsule on and shipped it back to me 100% free of charge! Now that's service.

The d8b has been discontinued by Mackie. Perhaps that's why all of the trouble. I had them ship out lights for my VU meters on a 32 ch. 8 bus. free of charge. But they were only bulbs.
my .02

talking about getting screwed :shock: :shock: :shock: 75 $

i found the manual in the meanwhile and i'm going starting to troubleshoot together with a better electronicstech then me.

if i sell it on ebay, i'll never buy another.
fallen in love with analog again... old habits die hard(er)
don't get me wrong here, we've made many great mixes with this d8b and the joy of recall saved my a**e every now and then, but it feels as if it's time to move on. The d8b brought some technologie (recall, automation, many gates and compressors) into my studio that we didn't have back then and at a cost below other options. Today any decent PC eats the d8b 5 times for breakfast, there's also better ADDA and preamping available.

Can go 2 paths really,
try to mix everything in Soundscape (www.sydec.be) as so many seem to do in PTHD or go back analog tru some yet to build summingbusses, comps, eq, yummie! :razz:
That's the way aha

Back