I love Protools I hate Avid.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi John,

Right, 4 diodes per channel. I only replaced the two closest to the converters of each group of four. Looks like I might need to do them all! I bought extra, so I can do that. Will report back!

I got my A/D input card back.  NO diodes replaced. 

Instead lots of small ceramic caps.  I'll take pictures but Riggler if you look on the down side where the AK539's are, C260, C258 C281 and more are on bottom.  Those got replaced as bad but were not burnt.  Burnt ones got replace as well.  On the Repare order are notes.  There are service numbers after the collection of caps , in Groups,  Like maybe a known recall, don;t know for sure. 

I'll take pictures before I put it back in. Post these, It might be your problem to.

Emrr:  If this is moved to lab, lets get rid of the rant and go more for whats inside these and how to attempt to repair them.  That's what belongs in the Lab.

PS The Avid guy I talked to was GREAT!.  Old School Service.

You guys just start a new post with the info cleaned up, and put a link at the end of this thread.

emrr said:
You guys just start a new post with the info cleaned up, and put a link at the end of this thread.

Done:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=41713.0

Fazer, I will move this all over to the new thread, can you tell the specs / part numbers on the replaced caps?
The card is an hour away from my right now so I can't look.

To end on a positive note.  I'm happy with the Tech People in the shop at Avid.  When I got the Avid tech on the phone,  it was great.  Very Pro Service oriented.

From this point on lets go to the Lab post for replies. Don't add Tech info  to this Thread.

Use this one created by JohnR

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=41713.0

Thanks, Michael

And your odyssey is nothing ...  ;)
think about who got the euphonix cs 2000 and cs 3000 consoles paid hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$
and now avid got euphonix then nobody give them support , even spares parts ,
are this the serious pro audio producers???
F*cking the law that say : support and spares for 10 years  ,
hope Avid die soon.... , killed by a new (diy) technology!!!
;)

fazer said:
Had a runaround with Avid.  I had some channels go out on an input card for a Digi 192 I/O.   I want an RA# to send back for replacement / repair.  (There are no Schematics to my knowledge for the card.)    

Avid wants to charge you to talk to customer service even for getting an RA#.      Avid says you can now sign up for an support account on line, through the Avid site.   The Site is a disaster.  15 pages of complaints on the DUC forum about  it.     I sign up for the account and they will send an activation email.   I never get the email but when I go to register it says I'm already in the system.   2 emails to the webmaster and no replies from Avid.  

As an 18 year user of digidesign, this could be the straw.  

Latest posts

Back