Soundcraft Series Two

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Just acquired this console from a dumpster.  Pretty nice design and construction, P&G faders, Sifam meters and knobs and I believe Jensen trafos on the mic ins.  I have the PSU as well but no cables.  The 4 pin to the console seems easy enough to build if I have the pinout, but the 110 in seems to be some strange 3 pin cannon connector of some kind.  Does anyone have any ideas on what that is?  I can take a pic if I have to.  If anyone knows where to get one that would be awesome.

Some pots were busted in the dumpster hit, so I intend on replacing what I can and getting this thing back to operational status, would make a neat little guitar tracking desk.

Any thoughts on this thing much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sig

Power connector is known as XLR "LNE".

They were very common on pro audio and video equipment, but are now no longer used in new-build because of safety regulations.

A good find...... it's surprising what ends up in the trash!

Gareth.

Indeed!  It's too bad I didn't get there a day sooner, could have saved a few broken pots and missing knobs from other stuff being dumped on top of it.  But, beggars can't be choosers!!

Thanks for the tip - I'll see if I can locate one of those.  Is it truly not a safe connector?  Is it because the pins are so close together, and the plastic is the only thing separating what could possibly arc across?  And I assume the plastic could break down?

Thanks!
Sig

Also, the circuit board inside the PSU was loose from the fall, and I don't know exactly which way it orients since the multpin connector can go both ways.  Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
Sig

Hi Sig,

used the LNE for FX racks, mixer power supplies back in the 90ties, never had a problem and we are on 230V AC here.
If you doubt just upgrade to Powercon, little bigger but very reliable.

Regards,

Willem.

I think any Soundcraft-Console I have ever seen have used Hirose-Connectors between PSU and board. Maybethey also make something like that Input-Connector?!...

Chris

I actually have a Series Two console so I could send you a pic if you like of the PSU.  Mine actually has a few broken knobs as well... haven't figured out replacements yet.

The soundcraft site does have the manual w/ schematics in there so that may help.

Let me know how you make out!

Latest posts

Back