UHF receiver/ transmitter help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcfate

Hi All - I would like to put together a homegrown version of this device - http://raycom.co.uk/rtb5211.html  with individual components.  I would consider buying this unit, but it is not FCC approved so I can't import it to the US.

The ultimate purpose of this system will be to interface walkie talkies which have been configured with separate send and receive frequencies with auxiliary audio sources.  I know virtually nothing about UHF and radio in general - but I think you could describe it conceptually as a repeater with an audio "insert send and return" in between the receiver and transmitter.

My version does not need to be small, elegant or programmable like the raycom unit.  If someone could point me to a frequency agile stand alone UHF receiver and separate frequency agile UHF transmitter between 440-470, I could probably figure out the rest.

I use UHF wireless systems all the time (many at once) and wouldn't mind having a slightly better understanding of why manufacturers select the parameters they use etc., so if anyone can recommend any reference materials that would be awesome too.

Any help appreciated - thanks!

Gideon

Latest posts

Back