Gibson and their bad taste

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zayance

GDIY Supporter
White Market Member
Well most of you have seen that ugly Tiger dirt or something they've unleashed a couple of months ago,
now you have this, the video doesn't says it all, the look is "ok", but i mean will a guitar cook me some pizzas one day?
New firebird X, 7 processors inbedded, bluetooth for the footswitch, effects, low impedance output,
and somekind of auto tune, maybe like the tiger....., powered with a lithium cellphone battery blablabla
5500$, makes me think of those 8k tubes....

The video is a little pathetic but has a little of that Steve Jobs, watch out for the revolution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkFGgVNXDWM&feature=player_embedded#!

On a side note i was shown a very very nice guitar today, beautiful John Suhr guitar, wasn't able to hear it plugged  :(, but the details and the feel of it was top notch.

the poor fella doing the presentation, it looks like someone just pushed him on stage as the curtain went up.
"surprise! your doing it!"
useless! haha. what is going on at gibson???

I believe that the guy giving the presentation is Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz and if he seems confused ...well that is just Henry.  Why should he know what is going on?

Just a drop in the bucket. Whoever buys this will spend the premium at this juncture.
Probably headed for full suite of DSP onboard FX in a wireless system.  Programmable switching with a single wireless floor box. 

Might be funny if they try and do away with all floor devices and incorporate switching using a headset and voice recognition technology . . . . . (female voice) "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that, let's try it again, what was the effect you wanted?"  FUZZ PEDAL DAMMIT!!!!!!!  "I'm sorry - I'm not finding that . . . . .  "  :D :D :D

Maybe Gibson should stop dumping money into marketing products no one asked for, and start giving people a little more guitar for their money.  Gibsons will sell themselves if they were made better and priced lower.  Dial back the absurd marketing budget, stop putting these shitty faded and satin finishes on their guitars, and have a 5% price DEcrease.  Enough with the choices, too.  The product line is bloated and redundant.  It's worse than GM 5 years ago. 

Make like the economy, and go back to 1995 and start over. 

It's because we can't afford the " Real " ones that gives them a market
for the rest of the crap and they jump right in
probably make more money on it too !
just like people taking lessons and weekend giggers make up
the pyramid of sales , the pros who can afford are a small amount on
top down sales , even some of the epipi's are getting up there
but you have a gibson
Now , why do we keep selling stuff that we regret later
[ other than getting married ]

I saw a new Les Paul in the store recently that had flame on only 1/2 of the top.  The other half was plain maple.  Was that a "feature"?

If I ran the company, I'd also put a little effort into figuring out how to make a good looking sunburst again.  Reminds me of that joke about forgetting the recipe for ice.

Guitars and batteries are like ice cream and ketchup.  Have one after the other, but don't mix them together.

Latest posts

Back