More ebay stuff...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alk509

A coil winding thingy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=92081&item=3859925345&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I think the guy wants a few hundred dollars for it, though. Maybe even a thou'... but it looks pretty!

Peace,
Al.

Maybe its time for a DIY coil winding machine thread build.

DC motor could be a PWM controller for speed using a PIC etc to ramp down the speed when the amount of turns programed in is almost done.

Or PLC

Some microcontrollers have build in PWM IIRC.

A set of thumbwheel switches to set the turns wanted and a set the count in memory switch

Start button ORed to a foot switch with built in ramp up.
PI no D read from a memory table different ones for different mass coils if we want to get fancy

Stop button ORed to a foot switch

Go slow button ORed to a foot switch

A speed knob or treadle like an old wha vol control

left or right hand winding

Car RC motors and speed controls might be good starting points.

A PLC link
http://web6.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/PLC_Hardware/DirectLogic_05/PLC_Units/D0-05DD

[quote author="Gus"]Some microcontrollers have build in PWM IIRC.[/quote]

I used a TI MSP430 to program this little light seeking robot I had to make for a senior project last year. That TI chip comes with a PWM subroutine in C that we used to PWM some servos. I think we paid $50 for that processor. It also has a bunch of digital outputs (that we used to illuminate some LEDs). It also has 8 12-bit A/Ds. Very low power, too.

I had planed on building one using Harbor Freights $249.00 lathe.
I would replace the original motor with a DC motor and controller.
With this, you get all the speed changing stuff, a 3 jaw chuck and a good sturdy frame to work with. Add a counter and your ready.

Latest posts

Back