Cool Crown CRT RTA on Ebay

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Not cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CROWN-RTA-2-Real-Time-Audio-Analyzer-RTA2-SUPERB-/180580388084?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0b6e0cf4

Nice though...

Justin

I was offered one recently for rather less... If anyone really wanted one, I could look into it.

I have to say that I wasn't particularly interested in it. I don't really 'do' rooms.

Keith

And nether will that one, very well.. 

Modern technology for measuring room response is better and probably cheaper, but perhaps not a lot cheaper for a good system...

JR

Surely, it's attracted 30 bids purely for collectors' value, right? I can't envisage too many acousticians packing that in their trunk when they go off to a job - maybe in 1978.

Laptop +  freeware analyser + Earthworks mic won't cost much more, possibly less. But that's not the point, is it?

What were you offered it for, Keef? Not that I'd drop more than a hundred quid or so on such an item - it's pure anorak value. The novelty wears off if you're not a die hard collector geek.

I wonder if this will be bought by a hi-fi nut, for visual entertainment? There are a few '70s RTAs that are collectable. If I had an excess of cash and time I might start a collection. Sadly, I don't.

J

Had one of those for about 3 years around 1979-1981.  Really quite a nice machine in its day.
At that time there wasn't much around better for the price.  Then came along the Klak DN60
(NICE UPGRADE !!)  and the Crown went to monitor land....  It was great for looking at feedback zots.
Fun memories ;)

GARY

Latest posts

Back