Newbie builds Classic Audio Product's VP26 and VP312DI

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having trouble with my VP312DI build. Got it finished. It hums and the preamp gain knob is very noisy when turned. The led for the 48V comes on when engaging switch. No audible sound with mic plugged in.

You will want to post your query in the official build and support thread.  My diagnostic skills will not carry you very far on the CAPI products unfortunately  :eek: .  Jeff should be able to talk you through some appropriate diagnostic steps.

Thanks so much Chunger. I figured out what I did wrong. I had two solder joints touching on the bottom of the relay board for the DI.
FYI, I found the issue when I inspected with a headband magnifier. If I had the headband when I started this project, I feel certain that I wouldn't have made the mistake in the first place.
I thought I'd throw that out there for people who may be having issues. Thanks again for the great instructions and pictures.

Huge thanks for your posts here, Chunger.

I've built a few different CAPI pre's so far, all without a hitch, which would certainly not have been the case without all the clear pics and added info you've provided.

Hi there !
I havé juste finished to build 3 vp26 with gar1731, they sound just amazingly!

Thanks changer for your tuto, it helped a lot!

I don't Know how to put pictures here, otherwise I would have post some..!

Cheers

Adrien

Latest posts

Back