SMD New Toy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owel

Got a new toy... Zephyrtronis ZT-1-BGS.

Got it for about 20% of it's original price, of course USED, but working.... but looking at the photo, it still looks brand new. Doesn't seem to have been used much. I verified the operation and temperature.

ZT-1-BGS.jpg

I think I had my temp probe too close to the heater and thus reading a higher temp? Or maybe it's off by 20C?
At 30C setting, it was only off by 1C on the Fluke temperature meter.

I still need to do some research on what should be the correct height of the PCB above the airbath. 

NOTE: There is still (1) left on eBay if anyone is so interested.

I used to do allot of measurements of temperature for Aerospace work and certifications.

Temperature can vary allot based on where the control probe is installed and how lazy the guy was making the thing. I wouldn't worry much about it unless you have some issues with your products. Check it periodically especially when your ambient room area changes 20-30 deg's.  If you have any problems then shoot me a PM and I can call you and help you out over the phone.

It looks like it has a little 1/6" temperature controller. I haven't seen any of those in a long time since going into the DCS/PLC world.

Nice toy!

To add to the above, 'controlled' temperatures can often overshoot, and then come back down close the set temperature. It'll be worth checking after it's been on for an hour or so to see if it is closer to your set point.

You probably want to measure the temperature of whatever it is that will go on top of the heater.

Latest posts

Back