How Did my Hotmail get Hacked?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 weeks since I last got hacked, it got hacked again today. I'm now getting really paranoid as I've recently had emails regarding medical info which contain my address and DOB.

Google isn't supplying any info at all regarding Hotmail vulnerabilities.

After this hack, I got a very weird email, claiming to be from a Russian girl, including photo. This sort of phishing stuff never usually gets through to my in-box. It was a weird email. I really don't know what to do now. I get various household utility bills via email - it would be a pain to close the account (which is what I really want to do). I'm feeling pretty victimised.

Also: every time I've changed my password after I've had to recover the account, they've sent me an email to say 'your PW has been changed'. If the hacker has changed the PW on each occasion, why didn't I get an email telling me this?

This makes no sense at all. I can only conclude that there's a worm inside M$oft's servers. It must be to have changed my PW without having me receive an email, right?

Here's the security log. Why doesn't it acknowledge when the PW was changed by the hacker? My security info hasn't been changed - I've been able to recover my account on each occasion, yet the PW was changed and I was never notified?????

Attachments

• hotmail log.jpg
    hotmail log.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 7
Ok - it would appear that M$oft may have locked me out. But why on earth didn't I get a message telling me this? It last happened 2 weeks ago. I've always used the same IPs I've used for years. What on earth would make them freeze me out without warning, giving the appearance as if my account's been taken over? It let me log in in different countries without trouble, why now freeze me out after using usual home / office IPs?

Back