Problem with Telefunken W695 Eq, Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekid777

Hi,I have a pair of Tele w695 and one don't work properly.
It sounds as nice as the other but after a long run the resistor R624 (33) burn!
What would you recommend to check,what could be the problem?
The two electrolytics are freshly replaced,so no problem with them..
I attached the schematic of the eq.I don't know what to do!
Thanks for your help!!!

Attachments

• w695.pdf
    271.6 KB · Views: 67
it burn by an excess of current, check the voltage across the output trancistors. and the base voltage of each output trancistor too. check also r626, it is 5.6 or 56 ohms?

> exact voltage for the c121 (250u) and c122 (1000u) caps?

_Minimum_ rated voltage for both can be 50V. The originals might have been smaller, but it would be safer to use a higher rating, if it fits, if cost is not a problem.

Does R624 burn if C122 is removed? (C121 is not causing R624 to burn.)

thekid777 said:
Hi, do you know exact voltage for the c121 (250u) and c122 (1000u) caps? thanks

Hi, does 40V for both would work according to the schematic? Thanks for your help!  ???

thekid777 said:
thekid777 said:
Hi, do you know exact voltage for the c121 (250u) and c122 (1000u) caps? thanks

Hi, does 40V for both would work according to the schematic? Thanks for your help!  ???

The PSU voltage is 24v, therefore 40v caps sound about perfect if they are across the power rails, which is where the maximum voltage a cap will see in this circuit is.  If they are not across PSU then you may be able to use lower voltage caps, I would look at the original caps in those circumstances & make sure they are at the very least the same rating.

Hi everybody,

I just ordered a pair of W695 eq's, but before having them here in the studio i wanted to prepare the recapping part already and order stuff in advance.So does anybody have a complete list of all the capacitors involved in a W695 module? That would be a really great help ;D.Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back