FREIGHT cost?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonsez

I know nothing about online shopping, so i found someone that can do that for me. I give my order, they give me invoice. But i wonder why the freight cost is so high, i spend about $93 at mouser, the freight is $75!! only for a few rotary switch, cap, potentiometer...resistor..

Can someone tell me what's the freight is? how they calculated it? Any tip's to get low cost online shopping?

Thank you

simonsez said:
I know nothing about online shopping, so i found someone that can do that for me.

It's probably international shipping from Texas....

I'd say figure it out... it's fairly simple and you can see yourself.

Typically when I order from mouser, they charge me exact shipping and thats not tabulated until the order is ready to ship.

I thought when i ordered from mouser singapore it will ship from singapore.....texas? ??? ??? I ordered a few heavy weight edcor power tx toke me $75 freight cost too..

simonsez said:
But i wonder why the freight cost is so high

Kingston said:
your location?

simonsez said:

kermit-bale-nod.gif

Shipping is probably UPS from Texas...(watch out for brokerage fee's)

Using USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Medium box can be shipped from the states overseas for $43.45
But you need to keep the weight under 20 lbs. This is a real bargain and I've had no problems with shipping overseas
using this method. I would request it from Mouser or at least ask where it is being shipped from.

Steve @ Apex Jr.

I found out that even if i order from mouser singapore they don't take international order (regional only). International order have their own delivery path (automatically redirect to this path). Order from my country (Jakarta) cost me $75 (freight cost) even if i only order a few lorlin switch!! :( A few weeks ago i ordered a few pot for my SSL from Audiomaintenace (UK) and they only charge me $15 freight cost..

It's the same way if someone in the US orders from Rapid, and some of the EU only shops. They skip inexpensive and go straight to the overnight paths for lots of $$

Get some friends going in the US, and then just have them order it and ship it to you.

Yeah, in the end i must deal with that fact, order has been sent. I have my childhood friend in US, now he's become your president.. :-X

Back