Collective Cases - PSU cases, ez1073, CLX cases and PCB's.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan's definitely a "get things done" guy with an eye for design.

Stereo 1176 cases are in good hands!

Mike

Hey Guys, small update so you know whats going on. 

1. Boxes and shipping supplies are ordered.

2. Chassis are being machined as I type.  Most of the sides and back panels are completed.  Just have tops and bottoms and then faceplates.

So things are moving along.  From here it will be to the powder coat guys and then shipping for those who ordered basic's and anyone who ordered a custom faceplate it will be on to a few more steps.  I just wanted to keep you guys in the know!

Thanks guys.

I ordered some stuff for stock as well so if you guys didn't confirm you may still be able to get a few cases! 

These look great! What's the internal height on the 1U cases?  I have a CMOQ-1H that requires at least 1.5 inches.

Yosh, I do have an extra LA 2a.  Let me know if you want me to send you a Paypal invoice for it.

Ruckus, I got you check today for the Billion cases.  Its gonna be a good Christmas this year!

Yes, I do.  Just got a call this morning, the chassis are all powder coated.  I need to get them from the shop which is a few hours out of town.  So, I need to grab those.  I just got to do it around the snow storms that are coming in!

The faceplates are almost done being cut out and should go to the powder coat guys tomorrow.  Then depending on if guys ordered custom cases (la 2a, pultec) for a specific project they have a another step with the silkscreeners.

But I am hoping to get some of these packaged up and shipped to you guys who just ordered chassis! 

So, overall things are moving along nicely.  Just need to wait for a few more things and snow. 

Any ETA on the 2-1176 Front Panels & Chassis?  I'll snap one up ASAP :)  Do you have a sneak peak of the front panel layout?  I'm assuming there is a spot for a Stereo Link switch somewhere?

Thanks  8)

Hey guys, I got chassis back from powder coat today and I am trying to pack up and ship out to who I can before the holiday (which starts for me tomorrow night, I have to leave town before another snow storm comes thursday).  The face plates are a few days behind the chassis so anyone who ordered those will be after the holidays.  And then anyone who ordered custom cases like La 2A's or Pultecs will be a little longer because those will need time for silk screening. 

Overall, very good progress and some of you will have your cases very soon.  Others it will still be a little longer.

I also, ordered a few extra cases to try and start stocking some stuff.  I know I have a few extra 2U stereo Basic that will work great with Ruckus's LA 3A and things like that.  Hit me up if you want any.  Those could go out ASAP.

Randy, hit me up with an email and I can send you a pdf of what the proto we are working off of looks like.  Once we get the protos to where Hairball and I like them we will put them up for sale!

Thanks guys.

The sneak peek at your 2-1176 looks great!  Count me in for one Front & Punched Chassis for sure  ;D

Picked up my cases this weekend and they look great! Can't wait to finish up some projects with them!
Dan

Any 2011 updates on the 2-1176 front panel & chassis?  I should have my PCB's really soon and I already have everything else I need (minus the case).

What are the chances of adding an A/B input switch opening below the meter with "INPUT A/B" labeling (one per side) and pre-punching another set of XLR holes in the rear?  I'm guessing that would be a custom job - so I'll likely handle that on my end if it would hold up production further.  But if it is possible with minimal delay - then let me know what's possible.  I'm not too picky - just want it to look better than what I could to with a hand-drill and a bit, and a Casio label maker  ;D

Thanks!  8)

Hey Guys, a little up date.  

A number of cases have gone out!

I just got off the phone with my silkscreen company and they got the prints back to make the screens and they are hoping to have them done and ready for pick up tuesday.  They are finishing an order ahead of me that is 10,000 pieces.  Wow, that's a lot of ink.

Anyway, so LA 2A's and Pultecs are getting closer for you guys who ordered them.

I am also taking orders for the next run already.  So if you have anything you want to get in on that run let me know.  I do have a number of the basic cases in stock and ready to go for you guys if you need any of them.

Randyman, I'll email ya.

EDIT - Just saw your edit - Thanks!

Any response to my above post?  I'd like to get an additional hole below the meters (one hole below each meter) on your 2-1176 front panel - with an "Input A/B" or "Mic Input / DAW Input" silkscreening on it for use with a rotary 2x1 input selector switch (30 degrees between positions / 15 degrees each side from 12 O'Clock).  If this is either not possible, or if it would further delay the 2-1176 getting to me then I'll use a hand drill and a Casio Label Maker and DIY these extra holes myself :D

Any word on when I can pay for the 2-1176 pre-order?  Any ETA on the basic 2-1176 units w/o the mod I'm requesting?

Thanks!   8)

If you email me I can send you a pdf of what we are working off of.  They are getting much closer.

Back