Collective Cases - PSU cases, ez1073, CLX cases and PCB's.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dan, I've sent you an email. Everything looks great. I'm especially excited about the stereo 1176!

Chris

Me too.  Hopefully we will be able to offer them for sale in the near future.  We just have a few details to double check.

Thanks

I ordered one of the LA 2A cases and I'm wondering about the meter cutout dimensions. I just received the hairball audio meter recommended on the LA 2A page of your website, but now that I'm looking at it, I think that it looks smaller than the cutout in the image of the front panel on the same page. According to the hairball audio website the meter recommended on your page takes a cutout of 24mm high by 47mm wide. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Yosh, correction I was wrong.  You need the 8037 which is the larger VU.  I had the 1176 on my mind which uses the smaller 8027.  Hairball set me straight! 

I'll correct it on my website as well.

Sorry about that.

Cool, that's alright, Mike at Hairball was very cool about doing the exchange. What's the ETA on the LA 2A cases?

I just sent the first rounders of Pultec 3U's out.  I have another round in the works already.  I will take pics of those.  I do have a custom 2U pultec I still haven't sent out because of a custom Screen being made for it.  Hopefully that will be soon as well.  

Yosh, ETA is soon.  The Screener is working on the LA 2A's this weekend hopefully.  So, that is it.  I will let you know.

OVERALL UPDATES:
Since it is was first round and the Holidays I wasn't sure about time lines.  I'm already starting the second run and I am trying to stock a few so I can cut time line down on stock cases.  Plus minor tweaks along the way.  Just heads up.  Overall I am very pleased with everything.  

Thanks everyone for your support.  Please feel free to contact me by email if any of you have custom needs or comments.

These cases will be available in the near future.

Stereo Fet: Dual 1176 for Hairball kits!  
DBX 160 VU: Abe has the proto and said everything fit great.  Now I just need to get the sikscreener on it.  I have waited on getting that to him because he has been so overloaded as well.  I will start him in on it as soon as we finish the current cases.
Fairchild 670: This will be massive!  It will work with Drip's boards or any other 670 boards.
Dual LA 2a: This one is really close!
Redd47: This one is really close as well!  It will work with a home build or the Drip Board.

I also, have a few other little gems in the works.  And I will announce those in a little bit.  So may great projects lately here on prodigy its hard to keep up.  If anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to doing cases for them even in small runs of like 5 or so.

Thanks again guys!

Are the cases steel?

I don't understand in your first post you say, "3. Optional 19" aluminum face plates ..."
What is optional?  The faceplate?  Or the aluminum material?  ??

No offense but i need 3-4 cases......
but at this prices i cant afford but 2..
Whats so special than Par-Metal or Circuit test cases.
Thanks.

tommypiper said:
Are the cases steel?

I don't understand in your first post you say, "3. Optional 19" aluminum face plates ..."
What is optional?  The faceplate?  Or the aluminum material?  ??

The faceplate are optional. No sense in paying for one if you don't need it.  I know a lot of guys offer products with face plates or they have face plates already.

I can do a custom face plate for you if you need it.  Usually at a small or no charge at all fee depending on how many you need.  Also, if you get a blank face plate i can have it finished "Black Powder coat"  to match the chassis or "Raw" Aluminum.  Just depends on how you'd like it to look.

Let me know if yo have any more questions.  I'd love to help.

3nity:  I sent you a pm.  

Here is something else I have been working on.

diffusers1.jpg

I also have more cases to come.  Hopefully I can get some pdf of them online soon or get some photos from guys I have sent cases to already. 

Hey Dan going to offer any cases future wise for igor mastering sontec?
Also does the 2la2a fit the drip boards?

Earl, I am sure I will get to some of Igor fine projects.  The TG and Sontecs are calling out to me. 

So far I have been doing the project people have wanted to order from me right away.  I do have plans to hopefully offer cases for as many projects are needed and wanted.  So the long and short is YES.  If you want one email me and we can go from there.  That is how most of these have been started!

The Dual LA 2A could possibly fit Drips boards.  His are really big PCB's so it would take a little extra work on your end but could be possible I would think.  You would maybe want to just make sure it was the 11" deep chassis for some extra wiggle room.  You would have to stack them some how.  Maybe ask Greg if he has any ideas.  Other wise Volker has a DUAL LA 2A board that I have been designing the case for that a number of guys here on the forum have done and love.  Both are great options. 

I personally have built a few Drips LA 2A and love them and now want to build one of Volker's boards!

diffusers!  I know its not electronics but it all part of the game. 

They are like the auralex Space Couplers. 

DMP did you get any of your projects racked up?  I would love to see some of the projects when finished. 

Sorry, the chassis are made of steel.  The face plates are made of Aluminum.  I'm sure I could have some made of all aluminum for you but it would cost more because of the price of the material.

Let me know if I can help you at all.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back