Collective Cases - PSU cases, ez1073, CLX cases and PCB's.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dandeurloo said:
diffusers!  I know its not electronics but it all part of the game. 

They are like the auralex Space Couplers.

And when the audio business drives you to drink, instant wine rack!  ;D

hey Guys, I'm getting a lot of interest from you guys about Sontecs case (Igor's Kits).  I'm wondering do you prefer them in 2 space design or larger like the originals.

Neil, email me and I can send you a pdf of the layout. 

No pics yet.  I sent everything out to everyone right away. I didn't want to delay them so hopefully I will have a few extras I can take pics of this round!

If anyone from Australia needs a case from Dan and want to share the shipping, let me know
I'm located in Sydney.

Mikkel.

I finished the 1st of 3 projects I'm putting in dandeurloo's cases. This is a pico stereo compressor.
Turned out really well - the cases are high quality, heavy steel, ground together easily.
Dan went out of his way to get me what I needed.
Thanks

bummer  I want to see it.  That would be #1.

Also, I really want to know how the pico sounds.

Front panel by FPE, case by Dan

I took more pics but not of the case sorry, then I pulled it all apart again as this was a mock up. I just noticed the pic is blury too.

I must say I'm pretty happy with the case, having the holes done for me makes my life much easier and it is nice n sturdy. I just wish I didn't have to pay so much for freight...

Front panel was by FPE - first time I ordered from them. I highly recommend them also.
I just got this compressor calibrated and into my system so I don't have much experience with it yet. I really liked it in a couple quick tries yesterday. Seemed very transparent and easy to set up. Sounded great on a full mix bus on the first try. Subtle, for instance much less noticeable than my neve 33609 on acoustic guitar, but on the full mix, seemed to just bring everything together and impart a warmth to the sound. 

Dan, just got the 2U stereo case and it is beautiful, clean and built like a tank.  Awesome service you provide.  Thanks again.  ChrisP

Hey David it is strange that the emails are bouncing.  I'll hit you back with another email.  Maybe that will help.

Update:
I just dropped off over 30 assorted face plates to the silk screener so I should have a few extra 1176 now that they have been approved by Hairball.  So, we may be a day or 2 a way from them.  Otherwise I can start taking pre orderes for them now as well.

Back