Collective Cases - PSU cases, ez1073, CLX cases and PCB's.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, i will start working on this again after I get the current batch of cases finished and shipped out.  Should be just a few days hopefully!

I'm eagerly watching this post to see what the neve's end up looking like.
I've seen a few slick looking 2 channel 1U ones as well as 2U.  I was hoping for only a 2 channel not four, but curious to see what the verdict is. Jon go-between all the way!

Hey Guys, here is Option "A".  I'm still trying to figure out how to nicely get Trim post added.  

Note:  This is set up for the JLM Go Between and a LED for the 48 volts. :)

Neze-1290-4.jpg

I have a old broadcast Neve that I will try and match the color to.  So it will be very close to a original neve color form the 70's!

working on the trim version now.

I need to know if I put a trim pot 2" off from the center of the gain switch will it fit?  Or will it hit something on the board?  I don't have this project so I can't make measurements.  So if someone would let me know how close I can get the trim pot that would be very helpful.

Option "B" with the trim.  I think this should work.  The trim pot should fit under the Main Preamp board and between the JLM.  We should also have a little room between channels.

Would any of you guys with the pres be willing to print out a pdf of the faceplate 100% and test fit them with a paper or cardboard template and confirm that you guys will have enough room to fit everything properly on the inside.  If so let me know and I can send you the pdf.

Neze-1290-4_trim.jpg

I will probably only offer one version of these for now as it seems most everyone wants a 4 channel with JLM go between and trim. 

The question after this is do you guys want to have a IEC on the back panel or do you want a XLR for external PSU?

:eek:

Dan, example B looks stellar!

No IEC,

9 XLRs for I/O + PSU

What is the depth for the chassis?  Want to be sure we can fit all 4x VTB9045 & 4x VTB9049 comfortably.

edit db should be dB    ;)

Very nice Dan.  The only issue I see with this design is that putting the gain switch that high on the face will require very long standoffs to support the EZ1290 card.  It might be better to have the gain switch at the bottom and the go between floating above as it is very small.  This is obviously not a huge issue, just a consideration.

I'd vote for 9 xlr's as well.

Thanks!

Ok, guys thanks!  Seems like the 9 XLR's is the way to go with this project! 

If anyone else who has their boards built wants to confirm things fit cool.. Otherwise once I hear back of fit I will start these. 

Latest posts

Back