Collective Cases - PSU cases, ez1073, CLX cases and PCB's.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dan, just a heads up...

Canada Post employees are officially locked out... So you might want to use Fed Ex to quote Canadian customers.

I would avoid UPS as they overcharge huge on brokerage\duty. For example I bought a $60 2u rack case about 2 weeks ago, and paid $40 on brokerage\duty. Throw the shipping on there and I paid almost double... It was awful.

UPS = a joke.

Fed-ex is now pulling similar stunts.

In most cases, these items are duty free and don't require any brokerage.

They're simply charging you for the luxury of collecting sales tax for the government.

Mark

I agree.  I have had nothing but problems with both of them.  I have had the best luck with almost zero issues using USPS and Canada Post.  Well I'll figure out a way to get them to you guys. 

Is the government just shutting down postal service?  Back in the 80's here in the states Reagen was smart enough to figure out a way to keep air traffic going when their union went on strike.  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Basically the union made a few major (and not so major) postal facilities strike (rotating I believe)

This morning Canada post just said screw them and did a lockout.

Canada post is actually a great company, it's the unions who sucks.

Unions are usually the problem.  I use to work on the rail road and was in their union.  I honestly quit partly because of the unions.  They promote laziness and worthless people could never be fired or disciplined.  Decades ago unions had a purpose but now if you work hard then you shouldn't need a union.  My wife is a teacher and she noticed the same thing with the teacher unions here.  I think once the unions cause companies to go bankrupt they will have done themselves in once and for all.  The WI teachers unions showed everyone who they are really care about a few months ago.  

But then again this site is about gear not politics and work ethic.  haha  Back to the stuff we need and love.

Hey Guys, 312's are taking a little longer.  The film work needed redone so they are a few days behind.  The Screener didn't like how it looked so he sent it back to be re made.  I shipped a bunch of EZ1290's today!

More to come.

Thanks guys.

DBX, access 312's and 3U pultecs are all held up at silk screeners.  Once I get them I will get them packages and ready to go ASAP.  Matter of fact all of the cases that are missing face plates are all in boxes just waiting for the face plates.

Thanks guys.

funkymonksf said:
Can you post a picture of the ez1290 case?!?! Oh that'd be grand

I'll put up a pic Monday when mine arrive   :D

edit:  see attached photo, just waiting on iron, grayhill and go between, cannot wait to get these together.

Thanks Dan!!  :)

Attachments

• Neze1290.jpg
    Neze1290.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 232
A bunch of you have shipping emails.

i am still waiting on CLX face plates from the screener but I did get the 312's today.

I received mine and I am unhappy.  Naming it EZ1290 would have been ok, N1290 also ok. But you might have well have name it Cheeze1290.  I was so unhappy about the Neze and thought that the original pictures were a joke.  I was so unhappy that I didn't even notice the paint bubbles and pits until now.

Sorry you're unhappy.  I have had a number of requests to add other manufacturers' company names and logos to cases that are inspired by older versions of their products, but I have no interest in doing that.  It's not worth it to me to bring on any sort of legal problems over a few cases.  That is why they get named something different.  Sorry that bums you out.  I have a number of my cases in my studio and have never had anyone comment on them not having a real logo or company name on them; everyone just loves how they sound and look.  (Honestly most people prefer both the sound and look.)

As far as the paint goes, my painter told me that different powdercoat colors respond differently to the aluminum.  (Oxygen releases from the aluminum and causes the small pits.) It seems like the vintage Neve color that I had matched for these products doesn't lay as flat.  Overall, it seems like a small compromise to get the vintage look and color that everyone wanted at an affordable price.

Again, sorry you are unhappy.  Hopefully this doesn't tarnish your experience with the gear.  I'm sure many great tracks will be recorded with these pres and cases by you and everyone else!  If you'd like to send it back to me, I'd be happy to have it re-powdercoated in black and re-silkscreened.

I don't need Neve on the front panel.  I said that EZ1290 or 1290 EZ or anything would have been fine I just didn't want Cheeze.  Your other panels and cases that I purchased were awesome. This one sucks and I understand that you can't get them right all of the time I certainly don't.  But to not offer to do anything in your original email response back to me and then just commenting about how great they sound was not cool. At least here you did offer to do something.

I am willing to try again with the G-Pultecs if you are when and if they are available because I hate doing the cases and I am glad that someone else does not seem to mind doing it.  I myself, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate it.

It looks like I will sanding and refinishing this myself because I have nothing better to do. I don't need to do any recording or anything obviously. At least the holes are pre-drilled.  Where is my Testors color chart?  I am thinking yellow.  I have nothing in yellow.  :)

Kevin

Hi Dan
 Recieved the LA2A and 1290 cases yesterday they look great.  Thanks for the extra on the LA2a its perfect, and the 1290 color is great.

Thanks
Kim

Back