Collective Cases - PSU cases, ez1073, CLX cases and PCB's.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something New!

G-Pultec1.jpg

Yes it does/will.  I am currently working on that case and a few more new designs.

It will be the same vintage Neve color as the EZ 1290's. 

Hey Guys... Could any of you guys using Dan's case for the EZ120 let me know what standoffs I need to get this board at the proper height for the switch to line up with the front panel? I'm also doing the access312... What size should I get for that?

Neily said:
Hey Guys... Could any of you guys using Dan's case for the EZ120 let me know what standoffs I need to get this board at the proper height for the switch to line up with the front panel? I'm also doing the access312... What size should I get for that?

Not sure myself, I just picked up what was on the BOM but I'm seeing now that the board is going to have to be mounted upside down, or the heatsink fins are all going to need to be almost parallel with the board to clear the top of the case without making contact.  I suppose it has a lot to do with which heatsink you use, I've seen some pretty nifty low profile ones but I used standard looking ones that sit pretty tall.

EDIT:  I stand corrected, everything fits like a glove.  I can't find my tape or caliper sorry Neily, I can check in the morning.  Just dry fit one of the grahill switches and measure from there. 

These are going to look Very clean, thanks again Dan!  8)

Neily,  the standoffs I purchased were taken from the BOM and they are about ~1/2" or so too short.  http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=4822virtualkey53400000virtualkey534-4822

How are you planning the layout for the Iron?  I'm thinking of putting the input under the pcb somewhere and the output near the rear of the board closer to the XLR..  these should look very clean when finally assembled, the cases look amazing!

Neily, it's looking like ~2" give or take...

Hey Dan,

Are you going to be working on cases for Colin EZ1073? I'm in for a few and wondering what to do about cases/front panels etc? I think 1U is best as some will only built a single channel, I'd prob be in for at least 6 to 8 cases and just trying to work out timelines.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Dan,

I ordered a stereo 1176 on June 30th, made payment through Paypal.
I haven't heard from you since...

Can you please confirm that it's on the way?

Cheers

Jerome

Hey Jerome I sent you and email earlier today.  Waiting on tops and bottoms from Paint and then it will be off to you.  I think the holiday has held them up a little.

Thanks

api.jpg

Just about finished my 312s... Just thought I'd show you guys the sweet case I got from Dan!

Amazing case, built like a tank!

Thanks Dan...

Latest posts

Back