Collective Cases - PSU cases, ez1073, CLX cases and PCB's.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,

Received my tube power supply case Tuesday.  Looks great.  I've had my MK47 mic built for about a year and maybe now I can get it up an running!  Too many DIY projects going at one time.  I've got 2 EZ1073's, 2 MNAT's 1176's, an 8 channel 312, 2 more Smart C1 compressors, a 251 style mic and this MK47.  Not to mention I just finished renovating a bathroom.  Man, no wonder I'm so tired.

I finished a DU67 and used your PSU with Binder mounts Dan. It looks cake!!

In fact I brought it over to a friend's house and he said, "DUDE! That looks like it came out of a factory!"

I added a cool jewel lamp and awesome switch and yeah, it looks like it came out of a factory! Mine...er...yers...heheh!

Thanks for the awesome products!!

Mike

Finally putting up some pictures of the 1U 51x rackcase I got from Dan.
I'm using this with an external power supply, but there would be room to stick a PSU in I think.

Attachments

• IMAG0380.jpg
    IMAG0380.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 333
And here are pictures of the brackets dandeurloo made to go with the PCBs. Very secure and high quality.

Attachments

• IMAG0381.jpg
    IMAG0381.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 358
Hi everybody,

Just one question, I have received one of the dual 1176 cases from Dan, and I am in the process of collecting all the materials.

I have a doubt, because I dont have anything to measure accurately, what is the diameter of the openings for the switches and the led in the front panel.

Also, does anybody have the mouser references for the switches and the led that could work with it?

Hi Dan,

I finally started doing the Mic PSU yesterday, and I realized that the metal cover (the part with the leather strap) is bent and some of the paint has come off, probably some damage during shipping.

I think I would be able to put it straight, but I am afraid I may make more paint come off. DO you have any suggestions?

Just finished up a proto of the Reddi style DI box...  SOUNDS AMAZING (thanks @CJ ;) )

Some pics of the build.  I used one of Dan's regular PS cases.  Mounted the Torroid to the side (yeah theres a hex bolt head stickin out the side, but who cares... looks cool)  Mounted the tube board to the bottom lip (counter sunk the holes so the top still closes nicely)  Did a polarity switch, ground lift as well.  (just need a lamp to complete it).  It actually FEELS really nice to play thru as well.  Hard to describe but if you're a player you'll know what I mean.  It's very responsive and has a GREAT crystal clear sound to it (makes my bass sound like my bass...)  Even though its a "DI" you really don't even need to go into a pre to hit your daw (or tape)... Gain at max is just below clipping on my converter when playing aggressively, but I also have some HOT bartolini pickups, so that might have something to do with it.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Excellent piece ill be sure to use quite often!

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.paganini/media_set?set=a.10203691447869822.1073741831.1326207212&type=1

I am hoping Abe can confirm 100%.  I think its the same one as the CLX compressors.  They are Hairball meters.

@patrickdavis - I just got my case from dan (looks great btw) and i can confirm the wf are the correct meter.  Its a little bit of a tight fit, and you may want to slightly drill into the back to allow a place for the meter adjust screw to sit otherwise they dont quite sit flush.

I received my PYE compressor enclosure the other day. Looks great, very nice! Fit and finish is first rate. Wish I had it in front of me because I had a question about the scale around one of the controls. Seemed odd, but cant remember what made me think that...
That (hopefully) will be my first DIY project.

Im interested in a custom 670 case for a point to point build.

Dan, are the front panels for the 670 silkscreened or engraved? And how close could you come to a original style steel U shaped main chassis?

Latest posts

Back