anybody programming OSC in MAX?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantlack

i've been giving the Cycle '74 software Max 5 and it's client a go lately, specifically wanting to transmit and receive Open Sound Control messages as an alternative to midi.  Sending is a snap, but no matter what I try to do it tells me that udpreceive doesn't understand 'FullPacket.'  I get that it's to be expected since that object wants to see a more standard packet assembly, but all the docs are written as though functionality is quicksnap once you tack on an operator or two... not the case here.  I've tried including the CNMAT argument and I've been up and down the limited literature, but I can't get the thing to comply.  Did a basic tutorial that also encorporated Processing (the executable, not the concept) and couldn't even get the copy and pasted stuff to play nice.  I'm registering for their forum now, but I figured I'd see if there was anyone a little closer to 'home' on this one.

Sorry it's not an answer to question but i've been using OSCulator http://www.osculator.net/ with good results
to use the Wii remte as a controler

i had taken a glance at that as well, but i'm on a pc so no dice until they build a windows release.

Latest posts

Back