Audient products

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyMart

Anyone have any opinions on their gear ? ( quality / backup )
Thinking of getting their new 2802 DAW control with summing and lots of routing
options.
A friend has the larger Zen system and is very impressed.
Thoughts ?  ( Don't say DIY it as I just don't have time right now :-( )
It would be the new "central hub/ mixer" of the studio, with lots of DIY goodies attached to it.

MM.

Hi Marty,

I bought a used ASP008 a couple of years ago, and it works just fine. I use it to get an extra 8 channels out of a Digi003 via ADAT, and mostly it gets used on the drum kit. It's a bit of a workhorse actually, and I don't really think about it much, which is probably a good sign. It seems well built and has been reliable to date.

My one gripe is that it has an (audible) fan in it.

Stewart

Thanks Stewart, it just got a cracking review in "Sound on sound" mag.
Seems like there is nothing else around offering similar specs for audio/DAW control.
All else seem to be "one or the other" in their design.
M

HI,

my friend has an Audient console. It sounds great, especially the pres. I have also used the rack-pres for a live recording. They are very neutral, not a lot of colour indeed, but the result was easy to mix, and certainly had plenty of bollox. I dont know the product you mention, but I think their stuff is great value for money, and well made. Looks good in their ad. If the mix comp is the same as my friends console, it is a tad pumpy compared to an SSL(and certainly meant to be similar Id say . . .), but I am guessing you have at least one G-SSL of your own!

Hands on in each domain . . .gonna check it out myself!

Perhaps it is even Made In Britain . . . .

Let us know how you get on, Please!

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Latest posts

Back