Looking for Yamaha Rm-804 schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flundran

Hello,
I am looking for schematics of the Yamaha RM-804 early 80's mixing console. I have the user manual, but it doesn't contain schematics. It looks like this:

Hi, I don´t want to open up a new thread for the same topic. I am looking for the service manual or schematic for this cute little mixer, too. :)

Yamaha themselves are usually very helpfull , definately worth trying your local branch if they have one ,they have sent me techicncal support and  parts from the Uk before.

Tubetec said:
Yamaha themselves are usually very helpfull , definately worth trying your local branch if they have one ,they have sent me techicncal support and  parts from the Uk before.

About a year ago i asked Yamaha for the RM-804 schematics, but they couldn't help me

Yeah was a pm1000 I fixed up for a guy ,I guess the documentation for some of their stuff wound up dumped or something .

Thanks for your response. I have seen that someone has sold the service manual on ebay. You can still find a photo of the cover from this auction online. I will call up Yamaha Germany... :)

Hi,

I uploaded RM-800 schematics to tecnical documents https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44874.msg867971#msg867971
I don't know how similar this is to 804.

I Regret selling this nice mixer... :)

ps. I just checked google about the 804, seems to be completely different variety (by the looks) than the 800..

tmuikku said:
Hi,

I uploaded RM-800 schematics to tecnical documents https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44874.msg867971#msg867971
I don't know how similar this is to 804

ps. I just checked google about the 804, seems to be completely different variety (by the looks) than the 800..

Thanks a lot, but the RM 804 is pretty different inside, too. The RM 804 is close relative to RM 1604 & RM2408, kind of a downsized version of it. (no 48V, no pad, fixed eqs, limited routing etc...) The mic preamp and some other units are pretty similiar, but the RM804 uses only 4558 op amps, no TA7322P.

You can find info. about the RM 2408 here:  http://www.florian-anwander.de/yamaha_rm2408/

Hi my fellow groupdiyers, I have found a commercial source for the service manual for the RM 804. It costs 23,50€.
Any interest? Groupbuy?  :D

Hi,

I uploaded RM-800 schematics to tecnical documents Yamaha
I don't know how similar this is to 804.

I Regret selling this nice mixer... :)

thanks,
will phone YAMAHA japan to inquire about fader caps - these seem to "vanish" the most/easy
although the fader caps are not on the BOM/Service manual you uploaded above so maby they don't stock them (anymore)

unfortunatly YAMAHA (japan) doesn't stock these any more, they say that since they stopped selling these in '96, they only stock parts the next 8 years

Back