Wow! any loudspeaker builders dream . . .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangeandbouncy

Hi,

just stumbled across this company.

http://www.digmoda.com/

Bi or Tri amp pack with programmable DSP for crossover, eq, and dynamics via USB, and with PROPER power headroom.

prices seem very reasonable if you ask me, considering what the alternatives might be!

Awesome! Anyone tried them out . . .

ANdyP

Wow cool, just the thing to add to a wilmslow ATC 100 kit, I say.

Prices? I didn't see them on the site...

Very cool Andy!  Have you seen the newer Hypex products, they have some really sweet two way 400 WPC with crossovers that look fantastic, they also have an upcoming 3 way amp which looks awesome. 

Will look into these Digmoda pieces.

Thanks,
Ruairi

dam just read this thread. Very nice stuff...  Anyone know of a vendor in the U.S.A.?\

nevermind. I just answered my own question.... hey they are in chula vista california, that's right around the corner from me...

Hey, Pucho,

go check em out, - Please! Id love to get a trustable opinion as to how they measure up in the real world. I have never (knowingly!) used a ClassD amplifier, and never any dsp dig crossover.

I simply cannot contemplate designing another passive crossover. Last one was 18 years ago, and it was a pita. I love the idea of being able to tweak ad infinitum! My next speaker project will be a twisted take on the venerable LS3 5a, and all that eq-ing could be easily done with dsp. Plenty of headroom with either the Digimoda or the Hypex!

Yay!

ANdyP

I've heard a version of new Hypex 3 way system and it's truly awesome, I mean seriously impressive.  If I was ever mad enough to build a two way nearfield the 2ch 400w version would be my first choice.  I even think that just bypassing the crossover on some good passive speakers could be good with the Hypex.  I'm using the UCD400HG every day in the studio and I love them, I've heard better but not for anything near the money.

Andy - re class D in general some of the very worst amps I've ever heard were class D and but also some of the best. My reckoning is that the class is no guide in this instance, it's all down to the implementation and Mr. Putzeys is a very bright guy.  Would really love to hear the Digimoda on a big set of speakers......

Cheers,
Ruairi

strangeandbouncy said:
Hey, Pucho,

go check em out, - Please! Id love to get a trustable opinion as to how they measure up in the real world. I have never (knowingly!) used a ClassD amplifier, and never any dsp dig crossover.

I simply cannot contemplate designing another passive crossover. Last one was 18 years ago, and it was a pita. I love the idea of being able to tweak ad infinitum! My next speaker project will be a twisted take on the venerable LS3 5a, and all that eq-ing could be easily done with dsp. Plenty of headroom with either the Digimoda or the Hypex!

Yay!

ANdyP

I've used digital crossovers before. the mains of a private studio here in L.A. had them. to be honest If they didn't tell you the crossovers were digital w/96K sample rate, you would not know the crossovers were digital.

Hi,

is their three way system out there yet . . .I cant find it on their website . . . .

guess I am mad then Ruairi! ;D

just concerned about adding yet more latency to a system . . . even 48kHz can sound amazing . . . Its not like even a well designed active L-R crossover doesnt affect he sound!

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

hey andy they are very nice people over there at digmoda. They want to e-mail a code to check out the dsp software. They say it's windows xp only... but i would imagine that it's non intensive so I can run it on my mac that has xp installed.

Software on it's way.... I will report back my findings. Also the software does not need hardware in order to run...

installed software today... it has minimal documentation...  vague user manual but very easy to figure out the in's and out's of the program. ran flawless on my 2.3 intel macbook pro that is 4 years old with parallels and xp installed.  Dsp is very powerful. Unfortunately I do not have an amp to test with it. The flexibility is killer... hmmmm makes it easy to DIY  a set of mains. just need cabs and speakers with the stuff. Not cheap but for what it is... very nice... I would be curious to see the amp side perform in a real setup. maybe I can ask for a memo lone since they were nice enough to give me the software to play with 8)

Back