my motu traveler is acting wierd, tech help sought!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonkan

My Black lion audio modded motu traveler has started acting wierd. It has an intermittent fault, where it might work for a while, then all of a sudden it just outputs noise on all outputs. All functions stop working during when this is happening aswell, including meters and cuemix.

This is way over my head to repair i think, so im asking for any leads on somebody who could take a look at it for me in europe.

It has the blacklion audio clock mod, with their clock on an additional pcb, and a frontpanel switch to choose from 44k1 and 48k and multiples of these.

I could send it to blacklion audio, but theyre in the usa, which would cost alot more to send than in europe. I cant send it to motu for apparent reasons.

Is there any other alternative that anybody could recommend me? In sweden would be absolutely the best for me as its where i live.
Thanks!
/J

Does anyone have a schematic or service info for a MOTU Traveler microphone input stage?

I bought one in 2007 and almost immediately, 2, then 3 channels started to have loadsa noise.  I sent it back to MOTU from Oz and got it back after 3 mths.  Exactly 12mths after that, 1 channel went noisy the same way.

The Oz distributors told me there was a large batch with the same problem. Big backlog of main PCBs to be changed for exactly this fault.

But my experience suggests they haven't sorted the problem out.

MOTU themselves don't give out any info and  deny there is any problem.  It is possible the Traveler was designed outside MOTU and they have no one in house who understands the problem.

From what I can see, it's likely to be something simple like leaky P48V caps or protection diodes.  But I need at least a schematic and preferably a layout before I start digging.  SMD and multi-layer difficult for my old eyes.

It's a pity as, when its working, the Traveler is superb.  I would have been proud if my Jurassic Calrec efforts had the same performance.

Latest posts

Back