1176diy - Incorrect Voltages?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airtech

I was wondering if someone could take a look at my 1176 build voltages.  I've had this sitting unfinished and finished it over the last week, but the unit isn't working correct.  Below is a link to the schematic from Gyraf and the readings in red are from my unit.  When I took the readings the unit was plugged in, but no xlr's were connected/no signal running into unit.  Hope this is the right way of testing the voltages within the circuit.

http://www.thetankmedia.com/1176sch---AirTechVoltages.jpg

Thanks for any help here.

Nate

Thanks.

I'll refer to that link for some help.  I'm building the 1176 with the Mnats RevJ boards.  I thinks it's the Gyraf version...?  I'm not sure.  It's been a while since I purchased the boards. 

I've checked all the transistors against the chart.  Q2 and Q3 have voltage fluctuation on pin C of Q2 and pin B of Q3.  They range from 15-25volts.  Is that normal?  Also, I looked for solder blobs, but everything is pretty clean.  Should I start taking out resistors and measuring them individually? 

Q8, Q9, Q12-Q15 are also wrong.  I'm using the NTE transistors and was wondering if maybe they install differently than they way I put them in or the way other brands may install.  I think I read at Gyraf that these NTE's are a little different.  Not sure though.

So what would be a good way of troubleshooting this issue?  I've color coded all the resistors and they are correct.  The problem, they are already installed so I'm not sure what they should be.  I was reading another post where the builder had 2 units and double checked against the other with the resistors installed to see where the problem might be.  I've replaced r18 just to do it, but it was fine.  Don't want to start pulling out all the resistors though.

So a chart that shows the installed resistance of each resistor.  Probably doesn't exist, but if someone has done this, could you post your findings for me? 

Thanks.

Hope I'm not too late to the party.  This has been sitting for a while, 2-3 years, and wanted to get it up and running.  Any advice would be helpful.  I've combed the site, but most referenced wrong resistor types.  I've included some photos I took of the compressor. Thanks.

Nate

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks.  I didn't have the funds to buy a rack enclosure so I put the Bosch router in one of my tool bags so I could finish the 1176.  When I got all the holes drilled, knobs on and the meter in I was laughin' pretty hard too! 

A true 1176 "Lunchbox"  :D

Very cool indeed.

I know I saw another 1176 Voltage thread somewhere around here - but I can't seem to find the link.  Are you still stuck?

8)

Well, I found the problem.  I forgot to get clearance from Bosch to use their box for this project.  No, really though I just retouched all the connections with my solder iron.  I guess there was a cold connection somewhere.  All the transistors are pretty close to what they should be now.  Got a love it!  Now I need to plug in some audio to see what happens.  Thanks for the help here.

Pin B          Pin C          Pin E
Q2 -    1.02          1.75          0.52
Q3 -    1.75          11.9          1.15
Q4 -    11.9          29.8          11.4
Q5 -    4.84          28.1          4.38
Q6 -    28.1          14.4          28.7
Q7 -    28.6          14.4          29.3
Q8 -    14.4          29.8          13.7
Q9 -    13.1          0              13.7
Q12 -  4.44          15.02          3.89
Q13 -  15.0          29.8          14.4
Q14 -  3.44          16.6          2.88