Anyone have ADK Vienna /Hamburg schematics or other info...Pics added

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Anyone have ADK Vienna /Hamburg schematics or other info please .....I no latest version have different capsules & Hamburg has a EQ circuit built in....

[URL=http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2625

Im thinking of modding this vienna it sounds good as is but doesnt blow me away ....others are raving about it I have an Oktava MK012 with MK101 head (same capsule as 219/319) I also have a home made MK012 with upgrades and so on & another home made 012 with superdooper J305 FET....to compare it to....

Im very imprest with the MK101 capsule & the 012 circuit stock & modded....I also have a Violet Vin67 lollypop head it was what I call expensive 450 pounds & is meant to sound like a U67.....sadly not got 1 to compare it to, however I like the sound of it on the MK012 circuits....to me no better or worse than the MK101 capsule

The Vienna again sounds to me no better or no worse than all of these mics.....So I was thinking of trying a expensive Sowter mic transformer I have....a 9045 about 70 pounds I think it costs, I havent played with any solid state transformer mics.....Im bit worried about connecting my expensive Sowter to the Vienna with phantom power

any guidance would be good

If you ever figure it out please post it.  I have an original Hamburg that i am not all that impressed with, was thinking about selling it or just giving it away, but if there is a mod for it then that might change my decision

ill have it haha....you could change capsule ....I read the capsule is chinese but good ...I bought to play with I was reading rave reviews bang for buck stuff.....I dont dislike mine just doesnt blow me away.......

I will figure out howto wire a different tranny it will be interesting....

Yes I agree. I didn't mean to make it sound like a horrible mic because it is not, it is just not winning against any of the mics in my locker and its hard to justify keeping it for a talkback mic 8)

Just bumping this thread in case schematics have serfaced......would love to see a hamburg schematic so I can build it on a vero board & try it in my vienna ......thanks

Latest posts

Back