G7 with No Problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

Just got a G7 up and running with no problems no noise just great smooth sound. I would like to thank the following:

Gyraf - G7 design
Gustav - G7 board
Tim Campbell - Capsule
Ioadio - MK7 Psu board
Aurycle.com - Mic Body
ANGO Technology - AN-05T160 Transformer
DIY Forum - Search

Attachments

• G7-1.jpg
    G7-1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 307
JamesW said:
Just got a G7 up and running with no problems no noise just great smooth sound. I would like to thank the following:

Gustav - G7 boards and design
Tim Campbell - Capsule
Ioadio - MK7 Psu board
Aurycle.com - Mic Body
ANGO Technology - AN-05T160 Transformer
DIY Forum - Search

Congrats.
BTW, credit for the design goes to Gyraf (Jacob Erland).

BTW, credit for the design goes to Gyraf (Jacob Erland).

Sorry Jacob I have gleaned much of the info for your design at the Gyraf website. I have edited the first post.

Here is another Picture.

Attachments

• G7-2-1.jpg
    G7-2-1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 228
Congrats James!
You are going to love that mic I'm sure. I've had my pair of G7s now for about 5 1/2 years and they are used almost daily.
Cheers,
Freddy

diyfanatic said:
Great,
good thing I know now that the G7 pcb fit the aurycle mic body!

Yes the board will fit but it needs to be cut down top and bottom and the sides  at the connector traces. The tube board must be reshaped. I only used the body and connector and it needed some screws that were striped re-threaded . The power supply and the cable did not pass Quality Control. I built the MK7 supply to take a second mic. A bit of a MacGyver job but as you can see it works.

Attachments

• G7 3-1.jpg
    G7 3-1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 218
working right out of the gate.  thats a great feeling. looks great and i bet it sounds great with that tim campbell capsule. can we hear some samples?
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)​

Sorry to hijack on old thread. I stumbled across this searching for something else.  I've been on and off again (mostly off) looking for a G7 body.  Is the Aurycle the same chassis as the HST-11a (Apex 460) ? It looks similar.

The Aurycle looks different to me. But with a bit of creative trimming and component shuffling you can fit a G7 pcb into an Apex 460 (I did).

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I have a couple of 460's (HST-11a's) that I'm going to do the Dave Thomas mod. They aren't much more expensive IMO than the Aurycles, and you don't have to paint them.

Back