Sontec mastering equalizer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
using DOA for input debalancing and summing tidies the bottom_end nicely...

Hi,

I'm new here , where can i find info's about Igor's Sontec mastering EQ ? I already own the Sontec M250EP T-Filter EQ .

Thx...

Danny.

tekno808 said:
Hi,

I'm new here , where can i find info's about Igor's Sontec mastering EQ ? I already own the Sontec M250EP T-Filter EQ .

Thx...

Danny.

Welcome to the forum, the search on top right next to help will guide you to your answer, a tip tough, it's in Igor's white market thread that you will find all files and links to this one.

Cheers.

Anyone got any info on Fabios Sontec build? Seems the documents are long gone and i'd like to give a self etch a go since Igor's version is no longer available.

Kingston said:
MikoKensington said:
I think DOA's on the filters was a feature added by Fabio.  You can ask Jaakko about his Fabio Sontec build.  He used Forssell's throughout his over-the-top build.

Yeah that's what I meant about olschool sontec DIY builds. I know the original used NE5532 (or was it NE5534) for filters. In fact I tried those for my build as well. I liked it better than the OPA's, but in the end opted for LME49860. This is the way to go for analytical and distortion free sound. The difference above something like 5khz is remarkeable, especially if you want to lift those frequencies instead of just adding aphex aural exciter-like distorted "tizz". They allow high rail voltages also so they are a great match for DOA I/O.
What is the single version equivalent of the LME49860?
Are there any other single (i.e. non dual) DIP opamps that anyone has recently been impressed by, or found better than the 5534's (operating at 18v)?

Are all "real" diy-versions of this (i.e. including self-ecth files etc.) gone?

I can't really find any full set of info on any sontechish project - am I looking in the wrong places?

Jakob E.

Back