Feeler: an "Eee-Zzz" christmas present...ez1073 and ez1073-500

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to get started on this project!  Thank you Colin for all the work you've put into this.  

fazeka said:
??? 355 GBP for a face plate and PCB? Don't think so. No, this is for the whole kit-n-kaboodle kit.

kazper said:
thestudio said:
Where can I purchase just pcb's and metal/face plate?????
http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/kits.html
I think that is just the parts kit with no pcbs or metal work.

Best to email him and ask what it contains.

It is for everything..... Resistors, capacitors, transistors, hardware, PCB's and faceplates... absolutely everything to build 1 unit.
[However, the ready assembled version we manufacture has a metal rear cover which is not included in the DIY kit (it is not shown in any of the photos)]

In addition, you will be able to get just the PCB's from Gustav and the faceplates from Grandmaster.... (if they get enough demand I guess)..... and many of the "difficult" parts are stocked in our store anyway.

This is not yet complete, but assembly instructions will be like this:
www.audiomaintenance.com/downloads/ez1073-500_colourbook.pdf

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Colin,
let be be the first to congratulate you for a totally splendiferous job on your assembly drawings. ;D

Frank

Slenderchap said:
It is for everything..... Resistors, capacitors, transistors, hardware, PCB's and faceplates... absolutely everything to build 1 unit.
[However, the ready assembled version we manufacture has a metal rear cover which is not included in the DIY kit (it is not shown in any of the photos)]

In addition, you will be able to get just the PCB's from Gustav and the faceplates from Grandmaster.... (if they get enough demand I guess)..... and many of the "difficult" parts are stocked in our store anyway.

This is not yet complete, but assembly instructions will be like this:
www.audiomaintenance.com/downloads/ez1073-500_colourbook.pdf

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com
Maybe put the words full or complete kit to differentiate from your other kits that are only partial.

Will you also be doing a complete full kit for the rack version?

Will the rack versions be available exactly like this Colin?

I have a problem.... I don't know wether to do 2 500's or 2 rack versions. I guess I'll have to do both.

Great work... I think your going to sell a few of these.

Ben

canidoit said:
Maybe put the words full or complete kit to differentiate from your other kits that are only partial.

Good point... it now says "full kit"......

The 1U version is likely to be a partial kit as we will probably not be making any of them.... probably all the parts but no metalwork.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

My question now is...  How will the price of the power supply for the 1RU compare with 2x 500 series plus building/buying a small lunchbox.  I guess my real question is, will this project send me down the 500 road...

Slenderchap said:
canidoit said:

Good point... it now says "full kit"......

The 1U version is likely to be a partial kit as we will probably not be making any of them.... probably all the parts but no metalwork.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

I thought about it and I think for my case, it would be ideal to get a kit that has everything except the metal work and the power supply...

My mistake.... thought I had already sent the rev4 to Gustav.... anyway I have sent the files to him now.

Pete (grandmaster) already has the faceplate files (he did the ones we use).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

There will be a parts list at the end of the colourbook......  "difficult" parts means transformers, inductors, rotary switches and pots ...... as they cannot be bought from suppliers like Farnell, mouser, digikey, RS etc

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Latest posts

Back