Feeler: an "Eee-Zzz" christmas present...ez1073 and ez1073-500

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the delay.... been a bit busy with the 500 series version..... anyway the 1U version is not too far off..... I put the rev 2 in a case so it can go out for testing..... the new Carnhill mains transformer seems to work fine .... (EIN is -125dBu)

ez1073_in_a_box.jpg

.... Just need to correct the "upside-down" toggle switches and it should be "good-to-go".

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Slenderchap said:
Sorry for the delay.... been a bit busy with the 500 series version..... anyway the 1U version is not too far off..... I put the rev 2 in a case so it can go out for testing..... the new Carnhill mains transformer seems to work fine .... (EIN is -125dBu)

ez1073_in_a_box.jpg

.... Just need to correct the "upside-down" toggle switches and it should be "good-to-go".

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com
Does that power transformer sit on top of the PCB? Is that O.K. to do it like that? will it eventually warp the board and how about the heat the PT produces?

Mounting on the PCB is fine (that is how it is done on all the AMEK rack units)............  The power transformer produces almost no heat at all (unless you have a fault)..... the centre of the transformer will be resin filled with a screw thread in the bottom..... so it can be screwed directly to the PCB (on mine it has a cable tie holding it in place!).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

I was wondering about the mains transformer/power supply for the 1RU, if it will be included in the kit or separate, and how it will impact people in the US with 120V.  My plan has been to make an external power supply to power 2 1RU since I will be putting two 1RU in a single case.  Any thoughts Colin?

Towards the rear of the PCB there are 4 x 1/4 inch spade terminals which connect directly to the +24vdc, +48vdc, Analogue Ground and Chassis Ground..... so you can completely miss out all the power supply components and just power it from another source..... no idea about Vintech PSU ?

The new mains transformer has 2 x 110v primaries anyway so it would be OK worldwide.

Parts list is not yet done..... no idea yet what be in a kit either.

Anyone know what SLB is ?

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Colin, sorry to break your balls

why a kit for the 1U, those seems to me very ordinary parts that you have in stock in your shop.
(maybe the angled switch and the heat-sinks. and maybe good transistors too.)

ME WANT!!!! ;D

Is there a line input on this thing?  I would love to build one with an instrument level input as a bass preamp...  Love the way the 1073 sounds with the direct box.

cant wait till its ready!!

The only reason for a kit is that all I get from people is "do a full kit"..... a lot of poeple do not have the time or inclination to go searching for parts..... the parts can be ordered seperately anyway... most of them are standard store items .... and the rest all come from distributers like Farnell and RS.... the switches and Transistors came from Farnell, the heatsinks from Rapid..... The PCB will come from Gustav and the metalwork (probably) from collective cases......

Yes it has a line input (but no DI).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Don't need full kit have parts around transformers, inductors... 

Not seeing any post from Gustav about doing pcb's ???

Latest posts

Back