Feeler: an "Eee-Zzz" christmas present...ez1073 and ez1073-500

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought gustav didnt get the info so he though he wasnt doing the 500 series but Colin mentioned that he has to do the last rev(1RU) and then send the files to gustav, no?

deuc224 said:
Colin, what kind of heatsink is that on the 2N3055 1RU version? Ive been looking for one and cant find that one.

Heatsink is from Farnell (462-1372).... because it was lying around

Marcocet said:
Safety Loop Breaker. I assumed that's what the huge IEC jack is all about. Is it something else?

It is just a filtered mains inlet.... because it was lying around

Gustav has decided that he does not want to make the ez1073-500 PCB's.... anyone else have the ability to do PTH and Hard Gold plate ?
I should have the rack version updated this week.... sorry it took so long.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

I presume so..... don't know why he doesn't want to do the 500 series, he has all the gerbers and there were no restrictions.... I even offered to buy 50 to get it started.

Colin

I think Gustav dont wanna risk anything..
I mean the gssl pcb sells like crazy....and the new 500 pcbs dont sell a lot...
Good luck!

The rev3 PCB is due here on the 17th May..... so a few days after that it should be tested.

I also did a Schaeffer/FPE faceplate (which will probably arrive today/tomorrow).

Colin

ez1073_rev3_faceplate.jpg

ez1073_rev3_pcb.jpg

and in detail:
www.audiomaintenance.com/downloads/faceplate_detail.jpg
www.audiomaintenance.com/downloads/pcb_detail_1.jpg
www.audiomaintenance.com/downloads/pcb_detail_2.jpg

[The real power transformer will have a filled centre with a tapped screw in the base so the cable tie won't be needed!]

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Colin,

Blimey Mate, it looks surreal! I assume all is well with REV 3? I think the only issue with REV 2 was that the switches were reversed? Is Gustav going to be doing boards? I think you mentioned Dan was doing cases and Pete the panels? Any thoughts on if you will be offering a full kit version?

Cheers

Matt

Back