Feeler: an "Eee-Zzz" christmas present...ez1073 and ez1073-500

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I use my tester on the mic xlr in to adjust the phantom power resistor or should I do it somewhere else on the board.

Thanks
Scott

No, measure the voltage using the power connection tabs to the right of the line input connector.... measure the voltage between the "+48v" tab and the "Agnd" tab.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Ok, the adjustments have been made.

Say does anyone know how close this ez1073 sounds to a BAE 1073?  I mean for the price of the kit it was definitely worth it and building it myself felt great but being the  newbie I am I don't know much so how does this thing compare to a BAE 1073 and an orginal neve.  I have never work with any of those.  This ez1073 sounds amazing for my little project studio but just wondering how it compares to others.  I guess there are different sound colors that people talk about.

Thanks

saxmonster said:
Ok, the adjustments have been made.

Say does anyone know how close this ez1073 sounds to a BAE 1073?  I mean for the price of the kit it was definitely worth it and building it myself felt great but being the  newbie I am I don't know much so how does this thing compare to a BAE 1073 and an orginal neve.  I have never work with any of those.  This ez1073 sounds amazing for my little project studio but just wondering how it compares to others.  I guess there are different sound colors that people talk about.

Thanks

Marcocet said:
I've got one of the 500 series models in the rack this week and put it up against our neves and some BAEs. It's nearly indistinguishable from the vintage Neves, and at least as close to them as they are to each other. Way to knock this one out of the park Colin! I can't wait to hear your comp.

Hiya,

I've now got the EZ1073 cases back in stock for those waiting for them, you can order them here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=35422.msg598593#msg598593

Thanks,
Dan

Hello All,
Today I got a Customs Duty invoice in the mail from TNT express here in the USA.  It is for $44.85.  I was just wondering if this is legit.  I don't mind paying it if it is, but would just like to make sure its legit.  I guess there is no way to avoid this for future purchase of oversea items?

Thanks
Scott

Errrrrr, This is the same company that Colin sent the package to to ship right?

So they have the package from start to finish, colin all the way to my house. 

I paid colin almost $60 bucks for shipping so why are they charging me again.  I am sure this is what Colin paid them to begin with.

Here is what my invoiced says.

DT = $14.85 which stands for Customs Duty
HDG = $15 which stands for Handling Fee / Flate Rate
PI = $15 which stands for Residence Fee-Duty

Total = 44.85

I can see paying the $14.5 for customs but the other two are ridiculous.

Its almost like I am paying for shipping twice.

I will try calling them on Monday.  If I don't get anywhere I will pay the 14.85 and nothing more online.  What a bunch of idiots.

-Scott

Wow, ordered a pair of ez1073's on Thursday morning (California) and received them Monday morning.  Colin, great service!  I don't do kits....but couldn't resist having a pair of these.  I actually broke my "never a kit" thing with the MK47 so this is the second kit.  I guess I can't say I never do kits anymore.

Already started on a set of custom panels and I'm looking forward to putting these into service.  I have 2 albums starting up soon.  Need to get these built, tested and burned in.

yeeeeep,
Thats what I did too.  I still haven't received the case yet but I am using it. As soon as I tested it and didn't see smoke or hear anything pop I hooked it up to my daw and love it.

-Scott

Yes you can use these right away no problem.  I always turn my newly built gear on and leave on while on the bench for 24 hours or so before racking.  Just a habit. 

Hi Colin,

Do you mind sharing your source for the Elma ring nuts?  I have one 1073 I bought from you as a complete kit, and one as partial kit only and I'd like to use the ring nuts on the partial kit too if possible, rather than create huge recesses for the nuts supplied with the pots and switches.

I've had a little hunt online for them and nothing has come up - ring nuts generally seem to be a normal nut with a ring welded onto the top in the results I have found.

Cheers,

Rob

Latest posts

Back