Neumann TRV modules help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanxe

I just bought these 9 Neumann Modules off of toothpastefordinner for $100 and was wondering if anybody knows anything about them......

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/neumann-modules.jpg

The nameplate says:
TYP - TRV a
Nr - 460
Made in Germany
930-01

there was a service sticker on one of the modules that says "element replaced 9/21/70" just as a reference time frame.

i am tracing the pinout right now and will post what i come up with (this is my first time doing this, so i expect errors and confusion !!!)

Thanks,
Ryan

WOW! nice score!

If you bought it for the iron, you can check the part number. It´s probaby a HAUFE or PIKATRON and these guys are still in business. You can get original info from them, if you ask nicely!

yeah, i was looking at the transformers..........

one says:
BV. - 85
Spule I

BV. - 85
Spule II

Drew, the guy i bought them from seems to think they are 600:600
and 10k:600

you cant tell from the picture, but both the transformers are purple.

ok, here is a quick schematic of what i see (there are some questions that i have written on the schematic)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/lanxe/TRV_Schem_rev0.gif

my biggest question is --------> should i try to clean these up and use them/mod them.....or should i just cannibalize them for their transformers? i would rather keep them whole, but i am not exactly sure what i am looking at, and i could use your guys help and opinions.

Thanks,
Ryan

all right, after doing some extensive googling, i found this old ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21771&item=3763321614&rd=1

the only problem is that it is in another language (german?).......somebody mind translating it, if there is any usefull information.

"Ein sehr früher Neumannaktivfader mit fetten übertragern/transformern aus der guten alten TAB V76, TABV72 Zeit. Der Fader ist auf der Frontblende mit TRV gelabelt, auf der Rückseite steht neben dem Neumannlobo TRVa. Der Fader hat einige Gebrauchsspuren und dongs an der Blechverkleidung, und die Frontblende ist etwas verbogen (siehe Bilder). Leider hindert mich mein technisches unvermögen daran das vintageschätzchen zu testen. Der optische Zustand des Innenlebens lässt vermuten das der TRV noch funktioniert, aber weil nicht getestet hier Versteigerung als Bastlerobjekt."

Ein sehr früher Neumannaktivfader mit fetten übertragern/transformern

An early active fader module manufactured by Neumann with fat trannies.

The rest will not help, he basically writes how it looks like and that he does not know more either...

Samuel

[quote author="Samuel Groner"]
Ein sehr früher Neumannaktivfader mit fetten übertragern/transformern
fat trannies.
[/quote]

fat trannies, huh? good stuff.

not much info in an ebay auction, thats what i figured....it was worth a shot.

Any way, Thanks alot Samuel.....
Ryan

Back