Looking for the SSL Test Jig 4000 G

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhmca

I have heard that SSL made a nice test jig to be able to plug the channel strips into. I see the schematic in my service manual, but SSL reports NLA...

Does anyone have one of these, they either wanna sell or take detailed pictures of?

hey,

i think u need this...

http://www.recycledaudio.co.uk/spares_SSLChannelExtender.php

best, ariaan

Try to evilbay.
We have it, but this isn't worse rev-eng and manufacturing costs.

It's not the Extender. I have that... That is for when you are working right next to a "real" SSL and just want to lay the channel on top of the desk to work on it... hence "Extender"

I need the SL 613 Test jig switch card  82E230
and the test jig PS and mix amp card 82E231

We have a couple here at the shop. An external +/-16VDC PSU can be used and works just fine, I think mine is a Power One .5amp (I think). These things are pretty sweet to have, save time and saves the possibility of blowing up the rest of a console with a suspected bad module. There is also another box that is used for modules with VCA cards for Ultimation Faders, the SL654/613. Finding one for sale is going to be a task for sure. Not many out there and most are considered gold to the people that have them. Best bet to finding one for sale is finding a studio that is liquidating their studio. I have opened them up for a peek, not too much going on with them and you could probably fabricate your own fairly easily. If your just testing audio paths you could cut out a lot of the circuitry and "dumb it down". Lots of Rotary Switches though which could be costly. We have a huge stock of 4K and 9K parts, if you need anything as far as that goes shoot me a PM.

Back