25-50WPC Stereo Tube Power Amp for Guitar Rig (PC) setup?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the props.  We go way back  :)  He provides the musical inspiration, and I provide everything else (and I mean EVERYTHING  ;D ).  It's an even trade...

I think the Marshall Master Lead Combo we have is different from the "Master Lead 30" magneto mentioned.  This is the one we use (generic pic - ours is "well weathered"!):

marshallmasterlead5010.jpg

It was actually my big brother's second guitar amp he got back in the early 80's, and ended up trading it to my guitar player.  It was a cheaper Marshall even then, but sounds the part - especially when you drive the input a bit harder with more gain when using a Strat w/low output Single Coils.  Add the 4x12" 1960B and some preamp sims for a broad pallet of colors and a rocking low-end when needed...

The Marshall 9005 power amp I purchased should be here on Monday.  I'll let you know our impressions once we have a chance to fire it up...

Quick Edit - Does anyone know where to get Marshall Grille cloth in that brown color pictured above?  I can find 1960B style black cloth and vintage style "salt & pepper" cloth, but I can't seem to find any matching brown grille-cloth as pictured above.  Our Master Lead Combo's grille cloth is in horrible shape!  Thanks for any leads...

8)

Randyman... said:
I think the Marshall Master Lead Combo we have is different from the "Master Lead 30" magneto mentioned.

Yes, I was referring to this one. It has the exact same name, 'Marshall Master Lead Combo'. Sorry for any confusion.  :)

marshallmasterlead.jpg

riggler said:
Hey Randyman,

I have a nice ADA T100S stereo tube guitar amp for sale if you're interested! I don't play guitar. I used it for a few years as a listening amp for my stereo until I got this awesome oldschool Technics amplifier...

Still have the ADA rigger? Please PM me regarding it.

Back