URGH! PT Elastic Audio, Why must you take so long!!!!!!??????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckus328

Sitting here for over an hour waiting for my xform tracks to render.  Status bar half way complete.  Guess I'm getting nothing done today.  Just needed to vent......that is all.

I've rendered a film music session (as far as I recall 70 min and 24 tracks) in the highest quality setting--go figure... And the computer kept crashing once in a while so had to restart once a day. :p

Samuel

Was compressing the video quality of a short film ages ago from hd footage to an h264.....just left it over night  :p

Rob

yea xform takes forever, but it's nice to have the options it gives!

For certain tasks, I will use the audio suite version as it works faster. If I want to change tempo of a full session, I'l go elastic, but if it's a pitch shift operation, I'll create a duplicate playlist and audiosuite it.

That way the pitch change can always be reverted instantly (and back!). For tempo stuff, I find that it can be a bit of a hunt, with many changes back and forth. That's where elastic is nice. The time consuming part is the initialization of the xform elastic AND the commit process after you've found the right speed.

audiosuite only has one render process...

ian

Latest posts

Back